L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Manager, QualityJob Code: SAS20201805-45638Job Location: Clifton, N.J.Job Description: Manager, Quality Management
Responsible for the development, implementation, leadership, and measurement of total quality management programs and Six Sigma initiatives. Leads projects, provides training, logistical and infrastructural assistance for quality initiatives. Ensures internal, customer, regulatory and 3rd party requirements are defined, measured, and continuously improved. Leads root cause and corrective action to address product and process non-conformances and compliance gaps. Drives early cross functional engagement initiatives to ensure quality is built into the design and processes. Is responsible for developing and implementing inspection planning, testing and evaluation methods to verify product repeatability and reproducibility. Develops budget, monitors expenditures and leads a Quality team or department which may comprise Quality Engineering, Software Quality Engineering, Supplier Quality Engineering, Quality Control, and/or Operational Excellence. May oversee program/project execution through review of proposals and completion of gate reviews.Essential Functions:
- Manages and coordinates the Quality Control functions within L3Harris - Electronic Warfare.
- Lead mentor and coach for the Quality Control Department. Identifies and resolves training opportunities
- Collaborate with teammates to continuously improve quality and manufacturing processes and products.
- Support customer inspections of products for verification/validation and customer acceptance
- Monitor and supply monthly summary reporting of key process metrics.
- Drive advanced product quality planning throughout the product maturity cycle
- Value added participation and collaboration in program reviews, metrics reporting, budgeting, and manufacturing meetings.
- Application of root cause analysis, lean/six sigma methods and corrective actions
- Exceptional problem solving/avoidance capability
- Benchmarking and adapting industry best practices to drive state of the art quality management standard work
- Teaming with operations and supply chain to drive counterfeit parts avoidance and prevention, mistake and error proofing, and lean manufacturing initiatives
- Engaged in operating income initiatives, reducing operations costs and increasing efficiency
- Material Review Board process management
- ISO/AS 9100 compliance and auditing
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Clearance if required: Secret
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 9 years prior related experience. Graduate
Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- 12 years of Quality or experience within the aerospace/defense industry.
- Mastery of Quality Control Principals and hardware products.
- Knowledgeable and experienced working within an AS9100 Quality Management System environment.
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage and work effectively within a team.
- Six Sigma, continuous improvement and experience, including auditing experience.
- Proficient in all MS Office Applications.
- Ability to effectively manage a team
- Experience with Supplier flow down requirements.
- Space and defense industry experience is preferred
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge ofExcel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to work with limited supervision. No instructions needed on routine work and general instructions given on new lines of work or special assignments.
- Experience withgovernment property inventory management would be beneficial.
- Good communicator, self-motivated, attention to detail.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.