Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.Location / Division
Franklin, MA / Chemical Analysis DivisionHow will you make an impact?
The successful candidate will be a critical team member for the development and support of electronic hardware for a wide range of technically sophisticated instrumentation. These products are developed in order to support the strategic business goals while integrating the needs of the customer, marketing, service and manufacturing departments within the Environmental and Processing Monitoring business group. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with multi-disciplinary teams, advanced technology and complicate electrical systems design for top tier instrumentation.What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Contribute to the technology development, perform feasibility verification with scientist and technology development personnel.
- Propose innovative idea or design for problem solving and performance improvement
- Exercise and evaluate different analog (or digital) front measurement designs to improve S/N, linearity and drift performance
- Develop new products electronics system, including specifications, design, testing, documentation and release
- Work with project development team to ensure projects on schedule, meet specification and cost target
- Be responsible to understand and take approval requirements into design consideration and work with the Engineering team and agency to pursue required approvals or certificates for products
- Mentor junior engineer, technicians and other support personnel such as external layout contractor
- All other duties as assigned
- PhD in Electrical Engneering field AND 3 years of related design experience; OR master's degree in Electrical Engineering field AND 5 years of related design experience; OR bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering field AND 10 years of related design experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Advanced analog experience with sensor conditioning and data acquisition system such as low current or low noise sensor conditioning
- Advanced experience and knowledge from scientific principle, electronic measurement to system performance for measurement technology such as infrared sensor, mass spectrometer, laser, PMT, XRF
- Digital design experience with high-speed 32 bit microprocessors
- Ability to work within in a dynamic environment while effectively managing scope, communication, risk, schedule, and budget
- Excellent communication, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Work independently and present solutions to leadership for improving performance
- Excellent team player and contributor
- Digital logic design with FPGAs or CPLDs
- Previous experience with analytical instrumentation
- Sensor design and technology experience
- RF and DSP design experience
- Knowledge in communication protocol
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 558255708Posted: 2020-06-04