Job Title Team Leader, Manufacturing Operators
Requisition ID- 117992BR - Team Leader, Manufacturing Operators
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. Location/Division Specific Information
US-California-Pleasanton / Genetic Sciences Division How will you make an impact?
The Team Leader, Manufacturing Operation (large-scale oligonucleotide manufacturing) is part of the Genetic Sciences Division with 1.7B in revenue and 1,100 employees providing high value genomic information to assist critical decisions in research and applied markets -Quantitative PCR Sanger Sequencing Human Identification AgriGenomics. What will you do?
The Strategic value stream at the Pleasanton site is seeking a manufacturing team leader to support our large-scale oligonucleotide manufacturing operations in organization and execution of production flow as well as reporting and documentation of production results. This role will support the optimization of workflows and improving product quality. In addition, this position will support the establishment and implementation of new methods and laboratory equipment in your area of operations. Strong time management and organization skill along with interpersonal skills and ability to participate effectively in multidisciplinary teams to solve problems in manufacturing environment are essential. How will you get here?
BS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or equivalent knowledge and experience in manufacturing environment is beneficial. Experience
3-4 years of experience in manufacturing required 1 years of which preferred to be in leadership of a lab. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
This position does not have relocation assistance
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains workflow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Periodically review and discuss your priorities with manager.
- Interact with teams in Manufacturing/Quality/Engineering as needed.
- Understand scientific principles in order to problem solve, troubleshoot test results, evaluate alternative choices and exercise independent judgment in selecting the best solution. Provide multiple decision options and corresponding logic/data behind the decisions. Proactively identifies production problems.
- Provides feedback and contributes ideas and suggestions to new and/or improved lab techniques, protocols, processes, special handling of the product and equipment.
- Continuously strive to improve output goals. Demonstrate good time management resulting in efficiency. Support cost improvement initiatives by reducing failures, improving capacity and using supplies wisely. Reduce work in process, queues and cycle times.
- Experience in participating and leading in Continues Improvement- Practical Process Improvement (PPI) events and problem solving. Experience in driving the PPI business system by encouraging employees to put JDIs in and using the PPI process to drive improvements.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com