Job Title: Sr. Project Manager.Requisition ID: 117993BR
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals. Location/Division Specific Information
US-California-Pleasanton How will you make an impact?
The Sr. Project Manager will be a member of the Project Management Office (PMO) at the Pleasanton, CA site. As part of this team, they will support global operations by leading project teams through the scoping, development, transfer and validation of new and/or improved processes to manufacturing. What will you do?
How will you get here?Education
- Support Pleasanton Operations by leading complex NPI, sustaining, and productivity projects
- Help define project scope, goals and deliverables with cross-functional teams
- Define tasks and secure required resources
- Create and manage project timeline and budget
- Track deliverables
- Monitor, control, and support project team progress
- Provide regular status updates and report outs to stakeholders and leadership
- Serve as an operations representative on program core teams and provide deliverables needed for product commercialization
Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, molecular biology, or equivalent. PPI training and/or PMP certification preferred. Experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 8-10 years of experience in Biotech or a related industry
- 3-4 years leading cross-functional project teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Solid analytical abilities with detail orientation
- Strong ability to collaborate with others, as well as work independently
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Adaptable with a willingness to learn
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance Systems and Quality Standards such as ISO 13485 and ISO 9001.
- Understanding of manufacturing execution systems and Agile Scrum methodology, preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 558255716Posted: 2020-05-21