Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Location/Division Specific Information
Greenville, NC / Pharma Services Group
How you will make an impact
Creates and executes a schedule that is in line with the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OPs) Plan. Ensures most efficient resource utilization via continuous communication with Operations and identify capacity constraints.
What you will do
1. Optimizes the use of resources in a 30-day schedule.
2. Checks production readiness and material availability to enable execution of the detailed Manufacturing/ Packaging (MFG / PKG) schedule and initiate related actions if necessary. Coordinates short-term MFG / PKG planning problems.
3. Schedules planned production to the production lines (incl. maintenance, development blocks).
4. Communicates detailed MFG / PKG schedule to relevant stakeholders.
5. Prepares process orders aligned w/ detailed MFG / PKG schedule and based on approved Bill of Materials (BOM).
6. Hands over, in a timely manner, work orders and related instructions to Production.
7. Updates OTOS board and participate in daily MFG / PKG OTOS meeting.
8. Follows up on work orders and samples not turned in on time (e.g. during OTOS meeting).
9. Works in a safe and responsible manner in order to create an injury-free and incident-free workplace. Complies with all job-related safety and other training requirements.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
How you will get here
Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, or Industrial Technology is required.
Two years of relevant experience in Planning/Buying, Scheduling, Industrial Engineering, Purchasing or Quality Assurance (QA) is preferred.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Manufacturing process capabilities. Knowledge of inventory control techniques, working knowledge and application of planning functions related to Capacity Planning (CPS), Master Production Scheduling (MPS), Material Requirements Planning (MRP), and interfacing systems (i.e., QA, Forecasting). Understanding of Marketing needs in relationship to process capabilities (production, material and QA lead times) Ability to effectively interact with a variety of disciplines and resolve conflicts.
Attend APICS's training courses related to scheduling ("detail scheduling and planning", "execution of control and operations"). Familiarity with a variety of concepts, practices and procedures. Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills. Self-starter, mature, independent and dependable.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.