Temporary Hours for Next 20 weeks: Monday - Wednesday or Thursday - Saturday / 3- 12 hours days and 4 hours remotely from home - must be open to either set of day
Normal Hours after 20 weeks: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4pm OT as needed
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.How will you make an impact?
Support the Reagent Formulations Department by working in a team based environment to manufacture commercial cGMP grade products that are scientific in nature for use in the life sciences industry.What will you do?
How will you get here?Education
- Complete production and quality analysis of reagents, components and finished products in accordance with SOPs, work instructions and the Production Schedule to ensure timely availability of cost-effective products of high quality.
- Effectively communicate and interface with work groups to ensure the completion of daily production.
- Work in both standard and clean room environments while adhering to room specific PPE requirements.
- Operate automated and semi-automated equipment
- Satisfactorily complete Thermo Fisher Scientific training requirements on time and operate within all ISO and FDA standards pertaining to Frederick Site Manufacturing.
- BS (or AS + relevant experience) in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or other related life science discipline.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- +1 year experience in a life science/biotechnology discipline
- Molecular biology techniques such as qPCR, dPCR and fluorescence based assays.
- Excellent pipetting techniques
- Experience with collecting optical density measurements.
- Experience with precise formulation of bulk reagents.
- Experience with filling, capping and labeling using precision liquid handling tools and processes.
- Experience in manufacturing diagnostic products for research and regulated markets.
- Experience in completing documentation (GDP) and data collection in a GMP laboratory.
- Proven ability to consistently and independently follow policies and procedures, instructions, and to meet schedules
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Basic computer skills such as proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite to support the operation in its daily functions
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed including weekends.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Posting ID: 558255723Posted: 2020-05-21