When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part a growing organization that empowers our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With our outstanding financial performance, leading market positions and the largest investment in innovation in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.How will you make an impact?
The effectiveness, scope and depth of our Service and Support teams have, and will continue to be, a competitive advantage for the company. The Director of Global Service and Support platform strategy plays a vital role in strengthening and enabling commercial success, shapes the global service enterprise systems strategy and execution and builds the digital IT roadmap hand in hand with the Global Service and Support and the Instruments and Enterprise Systems Division. This enables over one million customer contacts per year through aligned and connected IT systems and will build the IT backbone for clinical 24/7 integrated Service Structure as necessity for long term clinical needs, i.e. COV19 on-going support.What will you do?
The position is responsible for providing several key areas of support such as vendor management, new site setup for integrations and expansions, systems implementation, integration, innovation and maintenance such as telephony, CRM's and knowledge bases. Most and foremost, this role is responsible to drive IT systems alignment between Thermofisher's Service Platforms to enable a seamless customer experience and a 360-degree view of our customers across businesses. The role is critical to enable the systems strategy to position GSS for long term COV19 clinical support and impact mitigation.
- Own vendor operations management and IT matrix relationship for GSS
- Own 24/7 COVID 19 IT infrastructure globally for GSS
- Evaluate and understand current customer systems and the relationship with the customer experience in GSS and IES
- Partner with key business unit leaders to asses and make recommendations to replace current enterprise systems or upgrade systems, including procuring best in class solutions utilizing data and financial cost benefit analysis models to show NPV across both businesses
- Partner with marketing team focusing on the customer experience journey, to ensure that systems align with marketing goals
- Engage with and leverage Robotic Process Automation to reduce labor hours and increase efficiency while scaling service and support operations
- Drive continuous improvement of the customer experience through team, process and support tool development
How will you get here?
- Partner across divisions/functions to drive holistic Thermo Fisher Scientific solution alignment and drive maximum ROI
- Lead and coordinate ongoing and regularly cadenced projects on GSS IT roadmap SFDC (CRM), SAP, Cloud4Service, Genesys contact center applications, Genesys Workforce manager, Workfront and others
- Define and prioritize new projects to help accelerate success and efficiency of our business for projects impacting and/or related to SFDC (CRM), SAP, Cloud4Service, Genesys contact center applications, Genesys Workforce manager, Workfront
- Own and manage process to drive continual improvements to key GSS IT systems - SFDC (CRM), SAP, Cloud4Service, Genesys contact center applications, Genesys Workforce manager, Workfront
- Work closely with functional managers and operational excellence team in owning a business contingency plan for GSS, with respect to key GSS IT systems
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, project management, or related degree
- PMP, Six Sigma, Process Improvement, Agile Scrum preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience with infrastructure set up of new support operations globally including internal and outsourced operations
- Extensive vendor relations management experience
- Extensive IT systems upgrades experience focusing on enterprise systems such as salesforce.com, C4S and Genesys
- Key interpersonal savvy skills that can be used to influence key matrix partners
- Market and industry knowledge and awareness of trends associated with our customer's environments to properly develop and deploy customer solutions
- Extensive experience in benchmarking
- Industry experience managing teams that support complex instrumentation, applications and informatics by phone and at customer locations
- Strong commercial understanding and awareness
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 25% of time
- Proven experience, comfort and familiarity leading a heavily metrics driven organization, with the ability to understand the data and derive action plans from that data
- Experience or knowledge of common business systems, data analytics, PowerBI, Adobe Analytics, etc
- Understanding of IT systems including EDW, SAP, SFDC, Genesys contact center applications
- Prior experience managing WFM and Business Excellence preferred
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Posting ID: 558255727Posted: 2020-05-21