Scientist III, Manufacturing SciencesRequisition ID
- 117991BR- Scientist III, Manufacturing Sciences
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. Location/Division Specific Information
Pleasanton, California /GSD How will you make an impact?
Oligonucleotides are critical components of scientific research and are used whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges or improving patient diagnostics and therapies. By developing optimized and cost-effective oligo manufacturing processes, we enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer place. What will you do?
How will you get here?Education
- Manage multiple projects and initiatives concurrently to meet product as well as process release/transfer timelines.
- Lead, plan and design experimental methods to achieve technical objectives as well as identify and solve complex problems.
- Hands-on experience in using lean manufacturing principles in the production environment.
- Work with team to investigate trends, performs statistical analysis to analyze the trends, conduct root cause analysis, provide recommendation and implement corrective action for processes.
- Research, design and implement experiments for future products and lead practical process improvement efforts.
- Provide technical support via knowledge of principles and theories through familiarity with competing technologies and/or products and review of current scientific literature.
- Collaborate with departments across the organization to resolve technical issues and support products.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports to manager, extended R&D teams, and senior leadership.
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the department, as assigned.
- Interact with suppliers, operations, logistics, QA, EHS, and R&D
- Work with instruments that are used for milligram to kilogram scale oligonucleotide manufacturing such as Oligo synthesizers, FPLC/HPLC, ultrafiltration, LCMS, Spectrophotometer and liquid handlers.
Ph.D. in Organic or Biochemistry with a minimum of 2 years of industrial experience: or a B.S. or M.S. in science with a minimum of 8 years of related experience. Experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Large scale manufacturing of oligonucleotides (milligram to kilogram), their downstream processing and various QC methods to analyze them.
- Multi-tasking and being flexible to meet changing priorities.
- Maintain confidentiality of laboratory data and procedures.
This position does not have relocation assistance
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate processes, timelines and schedules clearly.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be highly organized and have strong project management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com