Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location / Division
Millersburg, PA / BioProduction Division
How will you make an impact?
We are searching for an Electrical Engineer III that will design, document and assemble, program, test, validate new and existing equipment for clean room applications, along with providing hands-on control panel wiring along with in-person and remote troubleshooting.
What will you do?
- Design, document, assemble and test new equipment and modify existing equipment electrical systems, control panels and controls systems.
- Engage, lead and support both local design/build machines and remote projects at vendors where they are responsible for design/build.
- Provide hands-on control panel wiring and remote troubleshooting.
- Understand, initialize, design, trouble shoot and repair AC and DC drives and controllers.
- Tune AC and DC motors.
- Understand and be able to program PID control logic.
- PLC programming, HMI programming, vision system programming
- Develop electrical power and control systems that meet EMI and electrical safety compliance requirements and oversee compliance testing. Conduct problem solving when needed to current and new designs to meet compliance standards.
- Understands how to design panel to meet EMC emission requirements.
- Develop, design, & test simple-to-complex automation systems for OEM manufacturing.
- Work with Mechanical Engineers as needed for mechanical integration of electrical assemblies (e.g., cabinetry, instrumentation, enclosure design, etc.) to complete projects and tasks.
- Document schematics, panel layout drawings, BOMs, ROHS document certification, UL, ETL, CE certificate of compliance and CE technical files.
- Be accountable for assigned project deliverables, including product quality and schedule integrity.
- Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to the project team and to management.
- Oversee review of product design engineering for compliance with engineering principles, organization standards, and related user requirement specifications.
- Work collaboratively with Operations to ensure seamless and successful transition of engineering projects into production.
- Establish an environment where continuous improvement is fundamental to the culture.
- Able to travel as needed to customer and vendor sites.
How will you get here?
Education / Experience
- M.S.E.E. AND 7 years of product development, system integration and commercialization design experience as an electrical engineer; OR B.S.E.E. AND 10 years of product development, system integration and commercialization design experience as an electrical engineer
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to configure Ethernet network and devices
- Ability to create, read and understand electrical schematics and manufacturing drawings.
- Ability to write user manual and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to program HMI and PLC computers
- Ability to create and modify CAD drawings
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross functional teams
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Experienced in management of BOMs and working within UL, ETL, CE/ROHS/REACH/WEEE standards
- Familiar with NEC standards contained in NFPA70
- Proficient in programming with the following or similar applications: RSLogix 500 / 5000, Wonderware InTouch, FactoryTalk View HMI, or Servo drive programming
- Comfortably working on small projects lasting a few days and large projects extending over one year
- Advanced or additional degree in a related discipline
- Instrumentation, data acquisition and data analysis
- Proficient in AutoCAD Electrical and/or SolidWorks Electrical
- Familiar with SolidWorks
- Familiar with ePDM
- Familiar with Master Control
- Familiar with NEC standards contained in NFPA70 and NFPA79
- Proficient in programming with the following: Yaskawa Servos, Lab View, MATLAB, MiniTab or JMP, Delta V, and/or Charms
- Experience with qualification protocol generation and execution
- Knowledge of cGMP, GAMP
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 558255738Posted: 2020-05-21