When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals. How will you make an impact?
The Engineer III will function as a key member of the operations support team. The individual will lead new product scale-up, process optimization, technology transfers and process validation activities. The engineer will develop, implement, and qualify robust, high quality, cost effective processes for manufacturing. Scale-up projects include products for full scale plant production as well kilo scale laboratory products. The engineer will also drive continuous improvement activities and be involved in problem solving projects. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineer to support and drive project in a fast-growing business. What will you do?
As part of the engineering team supporting operations, the Engineer III will:
How will you get here?
- Lead and manage scale-up projects, process optimization, technology transfers and process validation activities
- Drive process improvements through data-based decision making
- Provide engineering support for existing operations and drive process investigations
- Support a variety of new and existing chemical processes by generating process flow diagrams, mass and energy balances, and pre-operations packages including HAZOP's and risk assessments (FMEA)
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels
- Partner with cross functional team members to drive and execute critical projects and cross-site initiatives
- Provide engineering support for for New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Provide guidance and expertise for the junior engineering team and foster a culture of learning
- Maintain and support a safety and quality culture
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor's or higher in Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree from accredited college/university in relevant scientific discipline and have a strong relevant technical background
- Preferred 10-15 years of experience in the manufacturing of specialty chemicals with a background in organic chemistry
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Experience in driving investigating and general troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of ISO 13485 requirements including CAPA, Risk Assessments, Deviation Investigation and Change Control process.
- Understanding or process/equipment validation
- Ability to work with numerous departments and levels of employees
- Knowledge of quality systems (ISO 9001, 13485 standards)
- Understanding of statistical tools and statistical process control
- Delta V and Six Sigma preferred
- Project management skills are a plus
- Flexibility to adapt to a dynamic environment and manage activities to meet the needs of the business while maintaining a focus on quality.
- Versed in continual process improvement practices such as Kaizens, Gemba, 3P, 5S, Standard Work and others.
- Excellent inter-personal, communication and organizational skills with good attention to detail.
- Ability to produce and present original technical communication materials for internal and external audiences.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 558255739Posted: 2020-05-21