How will you make an impact?
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.Nature and Scope:
The Manufacturing Operations supervisor is responsible for overseeing production with general responsibility for safety, quality, and compliance on a daily basis. The Supervisor will maintain a skilled manufacturing team responsible for staging materials, printing labels and batch records, formulating bulks and filling/capping/labeling of components used in the assembly of finished good kits that are purchased by our customers for clinical diagnostic and research purposes. The Supervisor will also effectively communicate during daily shift changeover to promote both inter- and intra-shift cohesion. This position requires the individual to be ready to start work on-time daily and maintain strong attendance and performance.Job Responsibilities:
How will you get here?
- Oversee a product value stream by supervising up to 4 production areas
- Support and maintain production standards.
- Ensure employees are following company policies and is responsible for issuing warnings if/when needed.
- Manage shift-to-shift communications to ensure seamless transition of work between shifts.
- Promote a safe and positive team environment to achieve daily production goals.
- Direct the daily work load to ensure schedule completion while managing utilization and efficiency.
- Trend production metrics to identify areas of improvement.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with ISO/GMP/FDA/class 7 and 8 requirements.
- Maintain quality system by following SOP's and work instructions.
- Update manufacturing instructions/bill of materials/routers as needed.
- Assist/Lead departmental projects to promote PPI and achieve cost saving goals.
- Complete manufacturing review of production documents and close work orders as needed.
- Open and manage problem reports/CAPA/Change Control as needed.
- Prepares performance reviews for all employees within the department and evaluates personnel performance on a routine basis.
- Perform time studies to identify areas of improvement within the work center.
- Support the department by assisting production as needed.
- Maintains staffing plan.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3-5 years related experience
- Proven ability to consistently and independently follow policies and procedures, instructions, and to meet project timelines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite to support daily operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem solving methodology to understand root cause and implement solutions.
- Lean/six sigma/PPI manufacturing experience
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work overtime as needed including both Saturday and Sunday
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Posting ID: 558255744Posted: 2020-05-28