Job Title: Chemical Packager
Requisition ID: 117787BR
Shift: 2nd shift - 3pm-11:30pm Monday-Friday
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Bridgewater, NJWhat will you do?
How will you get here?
- Performs weighing, filling, labeling, sealing and other packaging operations, as well as general warehouse duties relating to packaging materials such as unloading bottle trucks and keeping packaging materials in order.
- Completes necessary information for recordkeeping.
- Transports bulk material, bottles, caps and supplies to filling location.
- Transports packaging goods to warehouse.
- Sets up scale, checks bottle size, sets up containers to be filled.
- Sees that all specifications and special instructions are followed on the job card or instruction cards.
- Performs necessary quality checks.
- Checks materials to see that they are correct.
- Responsible for working safely and for producing quality products.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned equipment clean and in good condition.
- A high school diploma or GED.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- The successful candidate will have basic mechanical aptitude and able to work with hand tools and gauges.
- Previous experience in a chemical environment is preferred.
- May work as a Chemical Packager as required.
- Must work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including detail orientation and accuracy in documentation is required.
- Knowledge of safety standards is desirable.
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an environment with hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. with or without accommodations and the ability to work alternately in a seated or standing position is required.
- Will perform all other duties as may apply to the existing job description.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 558255755Posted: 2020-05-21