Supervisor, Manufacturing OperationsRequisition ID
- 117534BR-Supervisor, Manufacturing Operations
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. Location/Division Specific Information
Life Sciences Solutions, Genetic Sciences Division What will you do?
The new COVID-19 value stream at the Pleasanton site is seeking a Supervisor with experience in the area of biology/biotechnology to support our manufacturing and quality control operations by organizing and executing production flows as well as reporting and documenting production results. The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for leading a small team of scientists and technicians in the areas of formulation and quality control with general responsibility for safety, quality, cost, compliance, and human resource development. This will involve liaising with all different functions within operations. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring proper and effective utilization of the teams to ensure all business requirements are met and will support the optimization of workflows and improving product quality; overseeing the day to day activities of the manufacturing team according to standard operating procedures. This role requires strong time management and organization skills along with interpersonal skills and ability to participate effectively in multidisciplinary teams to solve problems in manufacturing environment.How will you get here?Education
- 4-year college degree in Science or Engineering required
- MS degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 3-5 years of manufacturing or R&D experience required.
- Experience in leading a team in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience monitoring, tracking, and providing feedback on employee performance through coaching and formal performance reviews preferred.
- Experience in process improvement, i.e.: Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Experience in process validation.
- Experience in working with cross functional teams.
- Experience with qPCR, molecular biology techniques and best practices.
This position does not have relocation assistance
- Experience with managing team and developing individuals and work teams such that they can operate effectively with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience in driving and achieving business goals by focusing on communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, training, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
- Experience in participating and leading Continues Improvement initiatives -Practical Process Improvement (PPI) events and encouraging employees to document JDIs, participate in Root Cause Countermeasure discussions, participate in Kaizen workshops, and leverage the PPI to drive improvements.
- Experience in in leading efforts to drive continuous process improvement as it relates to targeted metrics and lean manufacturing as well as problem solving.
- Experience with tracking workers' performance by performing regular Gemba walks and responding to problems immediately
- Experience with recommending measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product. Managing preventative maintenance program in the production area to ensure all PMs are completed on-time.
- Experience with recording and reporting daily metrics in the Daily Management Tier System.
- Experience with documenting standard work/SOPs and provide continuous feedback to team members to assure all are adhering to procedures and striving for continuous improvement and alignment with the objectives.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Posting ID: 558255762Posted: 2020-05-21