Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Division Specific Information
As part of the Chemical Analysis Division, the Environmental & Process Monitoring team develops, manufactures, and services instrumentation used for monitoring and analysis of 1) gaseous and particulate emissions and 2) process flows and pollutants. These state-of-the-art products are used in a wide variety of customer applications and market segments from local, State & Government entities to Oil & Gas industry, Iron & Steel industry, Pharmaceutical, Food and other process industries. We utilize the latest technology to continuously evolve our product line which enables our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
How will you make an impact?
With your proven technical foundation in the principals of software engineering, software architecture and design practices, you will develop software-firmware for our line of air pollution and process diagnostic instrumentation. You will work cross functionally with the system software team, SQA, Project & Product Management, and Operations to develop and deliver elite scientific instruments.
What will you do?
• Participate in development activities of the application software team including design strategies, implementation and the review and test of software applications in both embedded and desktop environments.
• Contribute to software architecture design and implementation.
• Development software for multiple products utilizing modularized and re-usable common code base.
• Develop software system requirements with product management team and other engineering team leads.
• Work with external development partners to drive project progress and deliverables.
How will you get here?
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline; Master's degree is highly preferred
• 5+ years software development in C/C++
• Highly experienced in software development lifecycle and Agile/Scrum development methodologies
• DSP, ARM Core Microprocessor experience
• Demonstrated knowledge in unit test frameworks and TDD process
• Communication Drivers in Serial, USB and Ethernet experience is a plus
• Linux experience desirable
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Ability to communicate and collaborate in a matrix environment
• Ability to work in partnership with development, product management, project management, operations and services.
• Strong computer engineering fundamentals and object-oriented programming skills.
• Strong analytical skills, detail oriented and excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
This position has not been approved for relocation.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Posting ID: 558255766Posted: 2020-05-21