Scientist I, Small Scale DevelopmentRequisition ID: 118174BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.Alachua, FL / Pharma Services
The Small Scale Development team develops Process Development and Manufacturing raw materials/intermediates for process scale-up using: molecular cloning, cell line adaptation, single cell cloning, and preparing genotypically pure viral seed stock.How will you make an impact?
The Scientist will support the Small-Scale Development and Assay Development and Analytics group activities, ensuring cell line and baculovirus development to support production of gene therapy vectors manufactured at ThermoFisher Scientific Viral Vector Services.What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Ensure the successful progression and completion of development for the different projects.
- Responsible to perform, optimize, scale-up, and plan cell line development and single cell cloning for viral vector production as well as molecular cloning, and plaque purification.
- The responsibility of the position includes trouble shooting technical problems. In addition, the position will require performing experiments in the laboratory to get assays completed in a timely manner.
- The incumbent will also help coordinate data analysis and organize data for summary reports and presentations.
- Interacting with other Viral Vector Services Departments to ensure that scientific information, sample flow, supply chain, and equipment disposition are correctly maintained.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Cell Biology, Moledular Virology, or Molecular Biology
- 2+ years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with cell culture, gene therapy vectors, and knowledge of local, state and national regulations for working at the BSL-1 and BSL-2-levels of biological containment is beneficial.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Cell culture
- Molecular biology including plasmid cloning
- Plaque Assays
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Strong understanding of gene therapy vector production
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 558255768Posted: 2020-05-21