When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals. Location/Division Specific Information
Greenville, NC How will you make an impact?
Set-up, operate, and maintain classified environments along with manufacturing equipment for filling pharmaceutical products. What will you do?
How will you get here?Education
- Ensure pharmaceutical products are manufactured in accordance to area SOPs and current cGMP.
- Verify and document production activities in batch records, logbooks and controlled forms.
- Complete assembly, disassembly and operation of area manufacturing equipment inside/outside the aseptic core:
- Freeze dryer (Lyo) loading/Unloading
- Vial Washer
- SMEJA stopper processor
- Equipment and component sterilizers
- Filter integrity testers
- Piping changeover's on the product delivery systems and CIP/SIP cycles (Filler/Stopper isolator)
- Assist with initial/subsequent validation of filling equipment and processes.
- General material handling
- Maintain/clean classified areas. This includes but is not limited to the aseptic core.
- Mechanical troubleshooting
- Clean pre and post use change parts and prep for sterilization.
- Participate in the On the Job (OJT) training program, area safety and Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Train new employees.
- High school diploma or equivalent minimally required. Technical degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 2 years of regulated manufacturing (Pharmaceutical preferred), mechanical or similar experience.
- General mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge.
- Mechanical troubleshooting (manufacturing equipment preferred)
- Aseptic Cleaning
- Equipment change part cleaning and sterilization
- Component/commodity sterilization
- Aseptic gowning/technique
- Good documentation practices
- Good written and oral communication
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability and desire to learn
- Stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams comprised of diverse individuals.
- Ability to manipulate (lift, carry, move) weights of 25-50 pounds; occasionally pushing and pulling 50-100+ pounds.
- Full range of motion in upper and lower extremities.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com. Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 558255793Posted: 2020-05-21