Spectrum Brands - The Pet Care business unit of Spectrum Brands is based in St. Louis, Missouri with distribution, manufacturing and sales offices throughout the US and globe. Owners of dogs, cats, birds, small animals, fish and reptiles rely on our brands for exceptional value and trusted results. Our industry-leading brands include Tetra, Instant Ocean, Marineland, 8-in-1, Dingo, FURminator, Nature's Miracle, GloFish, DreamBone and SmartBones.
The Assistant Brand Manager is responsible for executing projects and initiatives that support the overall category, segment and marketing strategies for the grooming, topicals and hard goods business. The Assistant Brand Manager collaborates with Product, Sales and Customer Management teams to ensure the success of our grooming, topicals and hard goods brands.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategic input
- Aid in developing the grooming, topicals and hard goods category and segment strategies and programs necessary to meet the overall financial goals
- Provide input for brand and product objectives to assist in the business planning process
- Helps set and support the strategy for Grooming, Topicals and Hard Goods in partnership with the Brand Manager
- Customer support and line reviews
- Evaluate and prepare bids for new and existing business
- Generate and interpret insights derived from relevant data and reports as needed
- Product Development
- Support cross functional project teams focused on execution of grooming, topicals and hard goods programs, initiatives and/or strategies
- Cross Functional support
- Help manage grooming, topicals and hard goods product lines for best balance between customer opportunity/ expectation and profitability
- Sales Support and Materials
- Partner with Sales to provide essential Sales & Marketing support materials. This includes website, literature, trade show support, and other digital assets as needed by the customer for their grooming, topicals and hard goods programs
- Help develop sales stories for grooming, topicals and hard goods programs
- Competitive/Market Research
- Work with Category Management and Sales to proactively monitor competitive product and pricing activity and recommend strategic and tactical actions to achieve financial objectives
Education and Experience Profile
- College degree in Marketing, MBA preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience
• Experience with sales and marketing budgets.
• Highly organized and very strong, proven project management skills.
• Able to work effectively across functions.
• Enjoys a high-energy, high expectation, results-oriented environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be a self-starter and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
• Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
• Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to handle a variety of tasks and situations in a calm and effective manner.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong customer orientation.
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level.
• Strong team player.
• Commitment to company values.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.