R&D/Mfg Scientist IIIReq:
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.Location/Division Specific Information
Greenville, NC Drug Product - North AmericaHow will you make an impact?
What will you do?
- Technically supports day-to-day operations in the Formulation, Filling, and/or Freeze Drying areas of the Steriles plant.
- Investigates, creates, and validates scientific methodologies used to control raw materials, production intermediates, and final products on a complex scope of processes, products, and projects.
- May be involved in pre-clinical, clinical, and/or post-marketing stages of drug development.
- Works on technical/scientific process/product/project activities to execute strategies and technical solutions that meet client needs and expectations.
- Participates in technical discussions with clients with a high level of technical proficiency.
- Engages in creation of processes and equipment design for clinical, scale up, and/or registration batches, including technology transfer of projects to and from clients.
- Evaluates and contributes to the design of manufacturing processes and supports problem solving as necessary with independent judgment. Makes decisions that require developing new options to solve complex problems.
How will you get here? Education
- Participates in development of scientific strategy.
- Develops realistic proposals and timelines.
- Leads meetings/teleconferences with clients.
- Coordinates development of methods and processes that meet or exceed the expectations from clients and provide innovation as necessary.
- Coordinates research of industry practices and processes and applies to innovative drug development internally and for client products.
- Presents recommendations internally and to clients.
- Leads projects without supervision; may lead multiple projects, including managing project timelines and deliverables.
- Guides and advises during implementation of new methodologies and processes.
- Solves problems related to the conduct of chemical experiments.
- Liaises with internal scientific, analytical, and laboratory functional areas to meet project and team objectives.
- Performs all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices and Safety guidelines.
- Maintains the necessary compliance status required by company and facility standards.
- Bachelor's of Science in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or related physical science. Advanced degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Typically requires 8 years of progressive scientific experience, including 5 years in a related life sciences field.
- If related Master's degree, typically requires 6 years of related experience. If related PhD, typically requires 3 experience.
- Experience working directly with clients.
- Advanced knowledge of varied aspects or a specialized aspect of a discipline and working knowledge of principles and concepts in other relevant disciplines.
- Excellent knowledge of scientific methodology and development as related to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Thorough knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Excellent critical and logical thinking skills.
- Effective written, interpersonal, and presentation skills, including managing technical discussions with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to develop knowledge and skills in pharmaceutical processes, equipment, instrumentation, and procedures.
- Ability to keep current with scientific literature and industry trends relating to process technologies.
- Ability to develop technical solutions.
- Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand and walk; ability to lift and/or carry light objects of up to 25 lbs. for brief periods.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 558255801Posted: 2020-05-21