Scientist II, Protein ManufacturingReq#
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.Location/Division Specific Information
Fremont, CA Clinical Diagnostics Division
The Clinical Diagnostics Division has 4 sites world wide and supports over $700 million in revenue. TheCDD mission is to be the leading provider of high value, innovative diagnostic solutions to select IVD market segments.How will you make an impact?
What will you do?
- The Scientist II, Protein Manufacturing is responsible for all aspects of manufacturing of protein/conjugates for use in manufacturing immunoassay reagents.
- The Scientist II will work closely with Planning to prioritize production schedules in order to achieve product availability objectives while maintaining high degrees of cGMP and GLP standards.
How will you get here?
- Ensure adequate inventory to satisfy bulk manufacturing needs.
- Champion the entire protein/conjugate production process; from Inventory Management, Ongoing Supply, and Quality Improvement activities.
- Partner with Planning/Supply Chain to ensure effective prioritization and schedule adherence.
- Partner with R&D during new product introductions and product transfers.
- Institute continuous improvements in scale up and process improvement activities.
- Execute timely closure of work orders
- 0-3 years of relevant industry experience.
- BS/MS in science discipline.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience and understanding of Design Control elements.
- Experience in preparing manufacturing documents including SOPs, specification sheets and worksheets.
- Experience in protein purification and coupling chemistry
- Ability to present and communicate (oral and written) information in a clear manner.
- Computer skills such as Word and Excel.
- This position has NOT been approved for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 558255811Posted: 2020-05-21