The Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) business of Spectrum Brands is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset, Weiser, Baldwin, National Hardware, Stanley, FANAL, Pfister , EZSET, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia.
The CNC Technician will program, set up, and run CNC mill and lathe machines in a safe and responsible manner. Will read blue prints and manufacture component tooling to the correct dimensions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- (10%) Blueprint reading (complex)
- (5%) Mathematics (geometry and trigonometry)
- (5%) Know how to use precision measuring equipment (micrometers, verniers, etc.)
- (5%) Know tool names and tools used in the trade
- (15%) Position and secure tooling clamps and chucks into CNC equipment accurately
- (20%) Able to 2-D programming, set up, and run C.N.C. machines
- (20%) Observe operation, inspect first run, and sample first piece to insure that machining conforms to blueprint specifications
- (20%) Know to accurately setup and indicate a piece of tooling into a CNC lathe
- Show care and safety in operations above
- Other duties as required by departmental needs and/or special projects, but within the scope of the job
Education and Experience Profile
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of experience as a CNC Operator on Mills and Lathes.
- Must be trainable and work well with other personnel to advance in other positions in the Tool Room.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must possess working knowledge of manual mills, lathes and grinders.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment and non-climate controlled manufacturing facility.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.