Client Program Manager
Requisition ID 117953BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.Alachua, FL / Remote Work Opportunity / Pharma ServicesHow will you make an impact?
This position requires someone with technical skills, an understanding of clinical biologics processes (preferably in viral vector manufacturing for Cell & Gene Therapies) including late-phase program requirements, strong leadership skills, and excellent external and internal communication skills. What will you do?
How will you get here?
- The Client Program Manager is the dedicated project primary point of contact for the customer and the customer project team in all matters related to the development, manufacturing or service activities, performed by Brammer Bio, now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- This position requires a highly motivated, tenacious, self-starter who is able to assimilate new information quickly and enjoys working closely with others within a fast-paced project execution environment. Each program manager is expected to manage 2 to 4 client projects, depending on the complexity and stage of each project.
- The Client Program Manager will be responsible for the coordination of inputs from key internal stakeholders and external customers. interact, in partnership with the sales team, technical team, and support functions, with clients from the initial contact stage through to project completion.
- Lead the planning, executing, and closing of cross-functional customer projects, working with key stakeholders. This includes the introduction of new products into the facilities, process development, analytical method development and qualification, equipment purchase and qualification.
- Create a project plan Identify required resources and obtain agreement to the resource loaded plan. Track the progress against plan and deviations associated with it.
- Identify and mitigate potential project risks with the team and develop mitigation strategies. in the project and report progress, issues, and risks to all stakeholders.
- Facilitate decision making within the team to drive progress to completion during execution to the required standard (internal and customer's) and ensure program delivers on time and within budget.
- Understand and represent the agreed scope and ensure that the agreed customer expectations are fulfilled. Work with Commercial Operations to generate change orders as required during the execution of the program and understand the impact of said change order on the overall program.
- Oversee project delivery to time and cost and produce periodic progress reports.
- Manage project governance. Communicate program status, including elevation of issues as needed, to key internal and external stakeholders
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in a relevant scientific discipline
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 2+ years of experience in a direct Program Management role.
- Must have a technical background in GMPs
- Prior client-facing role strongly preferred
- Certification (PMP or Six Sigma) is preferred.
- Understanding of Contract Manufacturing Organizations for Development, Clinical, and Commercial biopharmaceuticals, preferably in the Cell & Gene Therapy space.
- Understanding of biopharmaceutical / viral vector product lifecycles from development through commercial, with knowledge of late phase activities, and appropriate activities and requirements for each phase (process and analytical).
- Possesses scientific understanding necessary to actively contribute to technical reviews / discussions at the sub-team level and explain / defend the discussion and conclusions.
- Excellent command of clients' program goals, drive for achieving high-levels of customer satisfaction, and ability to balance the needs of internal and external stakeholders to influence optimal program outcomes
- Strong communicator who adopts a logical approach and able to interact effectively with project teams.
- Ability to understand and interpret technical and business documents and apply appropriate actions.
- Excellent oral and written communication / presentation skills in small and large group settings.
- Ability to influence actions and drive results within a matrix environment.
- Ability to lead teams in a high paced, dynamic environment while maintaining order and big-picture perspective.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 558255831Posted: 2020-05-21