What you will do
He/she will have responsibility for leading the product configuration and engineering change management teams that enable new product introduction efforts to be selectable and configurable within design intent. You will be impactful to the business by enabling product launches and product changes that adhere to best practices and standards that are developed to maximize the team's capability. He/she will serve as a key member of the Engineering Change Review Board, and liaise with internal leaders to ensure that all priorities are evaluated, planned and executed through the business operating model. The Manager will foster and develop strong business relationships with all internal business functions. You will work closely with team members to develop product knowledge, capabilities and the technical skills required of variant configuration capabilities. Finally, you will actively engage in cross-departmental activities to ensure expected value is delivered to the business with timely product launches by leading standardized variant configuration and engineering change management processes. How you will do it
What we look for
- Business owner for product configuration and change management processes; drive capabilities into end-to-end product lifecycle processes.
- Lead and manage engineering change management and variant configuration (VC) teams that enable customer selection tools for products in the commercial product portfolio.
- Lead the team to develop and deploy training tools, policies, work instructions, and trainings to increase the knowledge, skills, accuracy, and effectiveness of all those who directly support product development, product costing and engineering change management activities across the organization.
- Model operational discipline as a core departmental capability with structured engineering change management and standardized processes; demonstrate process and system maturity through improvement in key metrics as prescribed by business operations leadership.
- Develop and coach team lead members to ensure required KPI targets and benchmarks are achieved with regard to engineering data quality and engineering change management.
- Work across the entire business to drive best practices, including business process and systematic improvements in material master data coordination, bill of material (BOM) construction, engineering change coordination, process standardization, and policy adherence.
- Understand, have the capability, skills and knowledge to lead teams to:
- Build and maintain unit configurations in SAP (i.e., equipment options)
- Build and maintain unit and option pricing rules
- Build and maintain Super BOMs
- Update existing variants in VC (e.g., when controls version is updated, all other materials must be updated accordingly, RP model data changes)
- Be knowledgeable and understand the latest technology advancements related to product lifecycle management, SAP, and advanced reporting capabilities.
- Work with offshore support teams in key areas adjacent to design engineering and associated service teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of related SAP variant configuration experience, engineering services, and engineering change management with people management experience.
- Strong SAP variant configuration knowledge and experience. Hands-on experience and the ability to determine, set, and apply product rules for allowable and disallowable product configurations.
- SAP Super BOM and characteristic data experience.
- Broad business acumen and SAP transactional experience in Supply Chain, Engineering, Change Management, Finance, Quality and Manufacturing modules.
- Ability to lead teams to drive to the root cause of failures and implement effective, process-based countermeasures which lead to planned and sustained business performance.
- Detailed process and technical knowledge related to MRP, BOM construction, and routing systems methodologies, with SAP materials management and change management administration experience.
- Ability to understand complex product nomenclatures and deconstruct them into product options and configurations, with the ability to translate complex subassembly options and materials into product nomenclatures. Ability to build planning models in SAP.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external team members, communicate proactively and effectively, and positively lead change across complex activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills in persuasion, negotiation, conflict resolution, and teamwork.
- Ability and desire to lead change and positively influence organizational health and culture.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in an environment where priorities change rapidly and tight deadlines exist.
- Expertise in product life cycle management from concept to delivery.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented and a passion for success, while possessing a strong sense of urgency.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Posting ID: 558255871Posted: 2020-05-21