Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food JOB SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for dumping filled baskets of cooked potatoesJOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
- Keeping product flow at an optimal level by assuring proper potato supply.
- Recording cook information so that you account for all dumped pallets.
- Recording usage and waste information.
- Setting-up dump room equipment according to the products scheduled to run.
- Assuring proper documentation of all testing records and measurements.
- Effectively communicating relevant information to fellow employees on the shift and to on-coming employees at shift change.
- Communicating all process inefficiencies, equipment malfunctions, safety concerns and GMP issues to the department Lead and/or Supervisor.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
No prior experience or training.EXPERIENCE
: LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers. REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in other sections: PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- The noise levels in the work environment will range from moderate to loud.
Posting ID: 558255872Posted: 2020-05-21