What you will do
Under general direction, manages the local market delivery teams that include the Controls, Equipment and Mechanical Installation teams. Assists management in revenue forecasting, billings, collections and resource planning. Assigns projects and ensures appropriate engineering, commissioning and mechanical resources are assigned to those projects. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local, federal, and legal requirements and operates with the highest of ethics. Ensures staff adheres to all safety standards. Develops and builds contractor, customer, consultant, and subcontractor relationships in the community.How you will do it
What we look for Required:
- Manages the overall execution and performance of assigned Controls, Equipment and Mechanical Installation delivery teams. Ensures local market goals and objectives are met. Goals and objectives are aligned with Area General Manager's and from a priority include EBIT, cash flow, reducing equipment/project slippage, backlog growth, SG&A, productivity improvements, succession planning etc.
- Establishes goals and development plans for all direct reports. Evaluates employee performance and performs salary management. Drives asset management including cost control, billings, collections, and payables.
- Recruits Project Team Leaders, System Team Leaders, Leads Systems Specialists and Project Engineers with the appropriate skills and competencies to meet the needs of the local market.
- Ensures that the BSNA estimating and engineering library of standards is utilized effectively.
- Follows up on customer satisfaction issues and drives resolution. Provides leadership by demonstrating focus on achieving customer satisfaction.
- Along with the Operations Manager, assists the Area General Manager in preparation of annual strategic and financial operating plan.
- Develops and builds contractor, customer, consultant, and subcontractor relationships in the community.
- Assists Project Team Leaders, System Team Leaders, Sales, Project Engineers and Lead Systems Specialists in the review and interpretation of contract terms and conditions.
- Assists the Operations Manager and Area General Manager with scheduling of installation projects and equipment backlog, including scheduling of want dates and ship dates.
- Coaches teams on the management of project risks, conflict resolution and establishment project recovery plans.
- Promotes the securing of change orders.
- Ensures compliance with the Safety Program for employees and subcontractors.
- Ensures compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and ensures that installation business is conducted with the highest ethical standards
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture.
- Minimum of seven or more years of progressively more responsible operations management experience in the Building Construction Industry including five or more years of direct project management experience.
- High-level competence in written and verbal communication. Ability to travel based upon geographical locations of assigned teams.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Posting ID: 558255874Posted: 2020-05-21