I. Basic Purpose:
Performs a variety of general environmental services tasks to maintain rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the hospitals, including the Main Medical Center, Martin Hospital South and Tradition Medical Center. Fully trained in all aspects of Environmental Service Aide and performs functions at a high quality level with minimal supervision for designated areas of responsibility.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Dusts furniture, woodwork, equipment and dust mops floors. Polishes and cleans fixtures in utility rooms and bathrooms.
4. Operates vacuums and wet mops rooms, halls stairways and public areas.
5. Greets patients upon entry into occupied rooms and communicates with patients, inquiring about satisfaction of room cleanliness.
6. Cleans vents, fans and other equipment using vacuum machines.
7. Cleans fixtures, tops or windows, door frames and high areas, using a safety ladder when necessary.
8. Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials.
9. Performs all duties with the least amount of disruption to any patient.
10. Removes waste and soiled linens from work area and places in specified bags or containers.
11. Performs terminal cleaning procedures of patient rooms and prepares room for new occupant; follows isolation procedures in isolation rooms.
12. Facilitates teamwork among coworkers at all times.
13. Attends educational programs and in-service meetings as required.
14. Duties may require access to secured medication rooms. While working in medication rooms, does not handle or remove medications. Ensures room is secure at all times and takes precautions to ensure that patients, family members, and general public do not enter medication room for any reason.
15. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
16. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill the requirements of this position, a candidate can have less than a high school diploma; on-the-job training provided. Candidate demonstrates excellent attendance, safety, performance and customer service, with no less than 90 days internal experience. Candidate must be at minimum 18 years of age in order to work with corrosives, as is legally required. Candidate must have ability to communicate verbally with patients, co-workers and supervisors; ability to read and understand specialized cleaning instructions in patient care areas; ability to read and understand instructions on use of cleaning chemicals and cleaning materials; ability to comprehend written and verbal communications from supervisors; ability to comprehend written and verbal mandatory education and training specific to position.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 558255894Posted: 2020-05-21