Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow. Position Summary
Reporting directly to the Construction Project Manager, this position is usually site based. Responsibilities include direct contact and overview of the consultants and contractors to ensure a high level of quality and safety is maintained as required by both Jacobs and our client. Work would include involvement with the creation and review of both Requests for Proposal, Contracts, Invoices, Change Orders, PMCS Information Entry. This is a client facing position.
- Oversee that all work is performed in accordance with the various contracts and project delivery model.
- Provide technical support to Project Manager and be responsible for developing and maintaining project cost/change controls, and project budget and accounting records
- Performs change order estimating and assists the Project Manager in change order negotiations
- Coordinates and monitors schedule updates, invoices and other contract documents
- Assist in managing and reviewing the progress of contractors' construction schedules
- Review weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and potential changes
- Report the status of projects to Jacobs' business / market leader
- Attend client program meetings as needed
- A safety leader through example, words, and compliance
- Oversee construction quality assurance
- Bachelors or Masters of Science in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or other related discipline required
- 4+ years of related project experience required
- Prior experience with commercial buildings construction preferred
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Posting ID: 558255912Posted: 2020-05-21