I. Basic Purpose:
Observes and documents electrocardiographic waveforms with rapid/accurate rhythm interpretation and rapid/accurate notification of changes in patient rhythm.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Adheres to Customer Service standards. Promotes patient and family satisfaction with hospital care and services. Ensures patient and family needs are met in a speedy fashion.
4. Observes cardiac monitors; set alarm limits appropriately for patient safety; ensures alarms are "on" at all times
5. Records arrhythmias; reports arrhythmias promptly to RN or Charge Nurse; reports lethal arrhythmias immediately
6. Documents patient cardiac rhythms and arrhythmias per department standard; strip to be labeled per department standard
7. Maintains telemetry or hard wire units ensuring proper functioning
8. Enters telemetry charges.
9. Ensures smooth shift to shift transition.
10. Maintains confidentiality of patient and unit care data.
11. Adheres to all Patient Safety standards. Promotes and maintains a safe, private, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients/families.
12. Ensures adequate stock of supplies and proper functioning of equipment.
13. Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
14. Assists with orientation and training of new department staff.
15. Attends meetings as required.
16. Actively participates in unit-based quality improvement activities.
17. Duties may require access to secured medication rooms. While working in medication rooms, does not handle or remove medications. Ensures room is secure at all times and takes precautions to ensure that patients, family members, and general public do not enter medication room for any reason.
18. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
19. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent;
Current acceptable CPR/BLS certification required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider OR American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer;
Additionally must successfully complete pre-employment competency testing that may include, but not limited to, Basic EKG interpretation, medical terminology, customer service, data entry and typing entry skills.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 558255947Posted: 2020-05-21