I. Basic Purpose:
Provides for safety, companionship, patient care activities, and supportive care for patients that require close observation, under the supervision of the RN for assigned patient (s) according to established procedures.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Maintains a safe, private, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with hospital standards.
4. Adheres to Customer Service standards. Promotes patient and family satisfaction with hospital care and services. Ensures patient and family needs are met in a speedy fashion.
5. Observes special precautions as required, but not limited to: Baker Acts, Marchman Acts, Suicide precautions, fall precautions, skin breakdown precautions, safety of patients in restraints, isolation precautions and lines and drains.
6. Obtains report from the RN/PCT/Companion at the start of the shift and reports status of assigned activity completion and patient status updates to the RN/PCT as indicated and periodically during the shift. Reports pertinent information to the RN at the end of the shift.
7. Constantly attends to patient, keeping the patient in sight at all times.
8. Reports to the PCT, Nurse, and/or Team Lead for breaks, patient should never be left unattended.
9. Observes and reports any change in patient condition immediately to the RN.
10. Report to Nurse and/or House Supervisor those patients that could be transferred to telesitter.
11. Provides assistance with activities of daily living.(personal care assistance to patients including washing of hands and face, assistance with eating, assistance to bathroom, oral hygiene, ambulating) including documentation in Epic of Intake and Output.
12. Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings as required.
13. Actively participates in unit-based quality improvement activities.
14. Maintains confidentiality of patient information per hospital policy.
15. Cooperates with other associates to achieve patient care objectives and maintain good associate relations.
16. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Cleveland Clinic Martin Health.
17. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Prior Health Care Attendant, Home Health Aide, nursing assistant or babysitting experience preferred.
Current acceptable CPR/BLS certification required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider OR American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer;
Must complete all required Cleveland Clinic Martin Health orientation/reorientation programs, including successful completion of the Companion Training and MOAB Class (Management of Aggressive Behavior).
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 558255958Posted: 2020-05-21