I. Basic Purpose:
Performs under direct supervision, general, routine maintenance and servicing operations throughout the corporation's facilities and surrounding areas; Inspects all necessary repairs to assure a safe environment for patients and staff. Maintains exterior grounds including trash removal, irrigation repairs, and monitoring landscape contractor activities.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Works with direct supervision in determining priorities for work requests, and ordering supplies as needed
4. Performs repairs to buildings and facilities, including light painting, plastering, carpentry, plumbing or electrical services
5. Performs minimal plumbing repairs including irrigation, faucets, toilets, valves, piping and clearing drains
6. Performs minimal maintenance to machinery and mechanical equipment including Facilities utility vehicles, courtesy carts, and departmental vehicles.
7. Performs daily exterior maintenance rounds including trash removal, debris removal, and correcting of any safety issues.
8. Reports any deficiencies to immediate supervisor.
9. Keeps shops and work areas clean, neat and orderly; Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies; Returns tools to designated storage area
10. Participates in educational programs and inservice meetings, and completes paperwork documenting attendance
11. Attends meetings as required
12. Maintains department records, reports, and files as needed
13. Provides first response to disaster/emergency situations by assisting the affected area, as described in departmental procedures
14. Duties may require access to secured medication rooms. While working in medication rooms, does not handle or remove medications. Ensures room is secure at all times and takes precautions to ensure that patients, family members, and general public do not enter medication room for any reason.
15. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
16. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill the requirements of this position a candidate must have a moderate degree of mechanical and electrical aptitude, and has 0-2 years preferred experience as a Maintenance Mechanic in a health care environment. The candidate must have a current Florida Driver's License. A high school diploma or equivalent is desirable.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities