I. Basic Purpose:
Position is responsible for performing all the tasks outlined in the EMS guidelines under Florida Statute 64-E for Paramedics as applicable in the Emergency Department setting. Safely cares for patients receiving services within the Emergency Department in accordance with departmental protocol and guidelines. Performs services and completes all documentation in accordance with approved protocol.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Performs EKG's, obtains laboratory specimens and initiate IV's after competency completion.
4. Monitors patient condition in order to intervene with the proper protocol.
5. Performs Basic Life Support/Advanced Cardiac Life Support (BLS/ACLS) independently when necessary.
6. Implements approved procedures or protocols necessary for appropriate patient care. Avoids treatments exceeding EMS training, certification or protocols to include but not limited to:
* Assisting with triage
* Assisting the physician with the performance of procedures
* Cardiac and Hemodynamic monitoring
* Medication Administration with pre and post assessment as applicable
* Preparing the patient for admission, discharge or transfer
* Documents all care activities and patient condition in the patient record
7. Properly documents information in reports and other communications. Maintains confidentiality of information.
8. Operates clinical equipment, devices and monitors proficiently.
9. Assures that equipment is checked and supplies are replenished at beginning and ending of assigned shift.
10. Cleans work area as assigned or as necessary.
11. Communicates problems to physician, primary nurse, supervisor and Director as necessary. Communicates with team members and physicians in a courteous and respectful manner.
12. Demonstrates professional courtesy and provide comfort to patients ensuring excellence in the patient experience.
13. Assures neat and clean personal appearance.
14. Demonstrates flexibility to cover staffing as needed. Arrives at work on time. Accepts responsibility and accountability for compliance with departmental attendance policy.
15. Attends required meetings.
16. Enhances own professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
17. Maintains certification and licenses as required.
18. Assures promptness in carrying out assignments.
19. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
Must have post high school specialized training consisting of completion of an accredited program for licensure as an EMT-Paramedic; Associate Degree in EMS preferred;
State of FL Paramedic License -- primary source online verification required directly from State of Florida Licensing database;
Current acceptable BLS certification required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider OR American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer OR American Red Cross Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers; ACLS certification required.
Sufficient previous clinical experience in areas of assignment.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 558255973Posted: 2020-05-21