Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
As Data Analytics Engineer on our Supply Base Management team, you will execute data analytics projects for Supply Base improvement. Responsibilities include:
Perform custom application development projects, interface with customers and suppliers, execute project plans, and support Supply Base management.
Complete assignments with detailed instructions in the design and/or project management of new and current projects under technical guidance of higher level engineers or departmental management.
Evaluate and Work to improve the Supplier Risk Assessment Tool.
Prepare evaluation reports, analyze forecasts, and make recommendations for Supplier Capacity constraints and Onboarding opportunities that improve On Time Delivery and reduce Supply Base Constraints.
Interact with internal organizations to assist in resolving Supply Base Constraints.
Evaluate and make recommendations regarding technological advances that improve overall Supplier Performance (SPI).
Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment.
Take actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.
Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified. You Must Have:
- U.S. citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept. of Energy ""Q""-level government security clearance
- Two years' experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other equivalent ABET accredited Engineering program
- Ability to apply design, development, evaluation, and quality control techniques to routine through moderately complex engineering projects.
- Ability to analyze routine to moderately complex engineering designs and specifications to achieve efficient and reliable manufacturing or acceptance processes.
- Some positions within this classification may require unique engineering knowledge or coursework related to Electrical Engineering.
- Software Development Methodologies
- Software Algorithm Development
- Statistical process control, statistics, analytics
- Knowledge of Data Structures
- Higher Level Software Development Languages - Visual Basic, C/C++, Others
- Scripting Languages - Python, R, Others
- IDE Tools - Visual Studio, Eclipse, Others
Database Schema Development
Relational Database - Queries, Table Creation
Big Data/Internet of Things Development using Hadoop / Hive
Machine learning, neural networks, artificial intelligence, deep learning
Ability in analytical skills, mathematical computations, computer software applications, written documentation and the ability to apply those skills to engineering projects.
Effective communication skills for interacting at all levels of the business, including verbal, written and presentation skills.
Applied knowledge of standard office and engineering desktop systems and applications.
Interest in applied engineering career in a technology or manufacturing business.
- JOB ID: req232801
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 6700 W 115th St,Overland Park,Kansas,66211,United States
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell FM&T Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.