Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughsThe future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.**Position Located in Overland Park, KS**Duties and Responsibilities:
You Must Have:
- Performs a variety of complex accounting and/or budget functions.
- Performs financial/accounting services primarily supporting one of the CFO functional areas (Disbursements, General Accounting, Budgets & Rates, or Financial Planning & Analysis)
- Functions as a Finance subject matter expert of financial systems, performs data mining and financial reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Processes accounting documents or assembles forecast data from various sources in accordance with established accounting policies and procedures
- Accumulates and analyzes financial transactions or forecast data, supporting the development of budget forecasts and financial close processes
- Compiles data for periodic accounting and/or budget reports for distribution
- Develops data to be used in determining cost variances
- Analyze variances, prepare explanations and investigate significant variances and account balances, Investigates problems in the Finance areas and recommends corrective actions
- Analyzes data to identify recurring problems
- Performs special assignments in the accounting and/or budget area
- Analyzes and interprets accounting and/or budget data and presents conclusions to management
- Assists in training of personnel in various accounting and/or budget activities
- Assists in the development of detailed procedures and work instructions in the accounting and/or budget area
- May perform other duties as required
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to ""stop"" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field at an accredited university and a minimum of 3 years experience in Finance
- Intermediate level of proficiency applying advanced principles, theories and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts
- Information systems experience, PeopleSoft preferred
- JOB ID: req232131
- Category: Finance
- Location: 6700 W 115th St,Overland Park,Kansas,66211,United States
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell FM&T Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Posting ID: 558255981Posted: 2020-05-21