Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
You Must Have:
- Performs visual, mechanical, and electrical inspection functions to determine conformance to predetermined limits using equipment which is go/no-go or calibrated directly in the unit being measured
- Electrical test results do not require interpretation or analysis and no electrical adjustments of the item being tested are required
- Performs physical testing, both destructive and nondestructive on materials, piece parts, sub-assemblies and assemblies where tolerances and quality standards are furnished, using prescribed methods and procedures
- Responsible for performing tests such as Compression, Deflection, Elongation, Tensile Strength, Crush Testing, Hardness Testing (involving the necessity for mount making) and Leak Detection Performs thickness testing of inorganic coatings (involving the necessity for making mounts)
- Uses gages, test equipment, and other tools and devices necessary to the performance of the task
- Operates equipment to induce artificial environmental conditions for testing, but performs no inspections while under induced artificial environmental conditions
- Initiates and/or completes necessary quality records, test data, and other associated paperwork required to accomplish acceptance, rejection, and movement of material
- Responsible for proper handling of parts, including packaging and for proper care of equipment used
- Inspects the product for proper packaging prior to release from the department
- Responsible for preparation of parts and inspection for detection of surface flaws by determination of dimensions and finishes, conformance to specifications for rejection or acceptance of an item
- Requires a working knowledge of arithmetic
- Works from prints, drawings, sketches, specifications, packing sheets and other written or verbal instructions
- May perform in-process inspection
- Responsible for complying with applicable provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- US Citizen (capable of obtaining and maintaining a DOE Q level security clearance)
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years' experience using dimensional measurement equipment in a manufacturing, inspection environment, or a related field
- Ability to work any shift
- Experience evaluating products or materials to ensure design requirements are met
- Working knowledge of schematics and blueprints
- Ability to carry up to 20 pounds and lift up to 40 pounds
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills to include Microsoft applications
- Experience supporting customers that demand high levels of quality
- Ability to partner with colleagues for mutual benefit
- Ability to positively influence others and create a passion for excellence
- JOB ID: req232297
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell FM&T Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Posting ID: 558255984Posted: 2020-05-21