Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We invent, build and manufacture technologies that address some of the world's toughest challenges. If you desire a meaningful opportunity with outstanding potential, then we invite you to apply. We believe our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key advantage.
Honeywell is seeking a Sr. Tech Support Professional
for our Ft. Mill, SC location.Initially this role will be based in Fort Mill, SC with the potential to move to the Greater Charlotte area in the near future.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Provide in depth pre- and post-sales technical assistance for internal and external customers, facilitating the investigation, identification, root cause analysis and resolution of complex technical issues; Areas will include factors relating to configuration, installation, environmental and application functionality, as well as other potential causes
- Expedite timely resolutions wherever possible to help maintain and reduce case closure cycle times
- Work with and escalate issues to Engineering and Quality teams where required, prioritizing requests based on severity and business case
- Deep investigation of complex technical issues and resolution of support requests
- Providing training, coaching and mentoring of the lower support tiers to improve product knowledge and issue handling skills
- Preparing the team to support new product offerings, by participating in the Honeywell New Product Introduction (NPI) program
- Build strong relationships with our partner and end customer base and become knowledgeable about their respective needs; Keep the customer updated on the status of work in progress on their problems
- Develop robust communication practices with solid focus on customer service and solution quality
- Support the knowledge-sharing mindset and apply the Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) methodology guidelines; Contribute knowledge base content for all new issues encountered by and resolved at Tier 3 and enhance existing content where necessary to ensure good visibility, re-usability of data on known problems
- Keep the case handling system updated with current information on the support case, related activities and resolution
- Participate in assigned NPI projects and fully prepare the support teams for new product launches
- Maintain and extend product knowledge by self-study and by attending relevant training sessions
- Regularly share product and troubleshooting knowledge via coaching and training initiatives
- Mentor agents in lower support tiers as part of the company's talent development and retention ethos
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally as and when required
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years of advanced IT support (wireless/wired networking, OEM, Bluetooth, etc)
- 5+ years of experience in a role requiring troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly assess the impact, complexity and urgency of technical issues
- 5 years of experience supporting the Automatic Identification and Data Capture (AIDC) technology products (examples: Barcode Scanners, PDTs or Thermal label printers) products & operating systems, host drivers and utilities
- Knowledge of industry related technologies and applications, familiarity with 1D and 2D bar code symbologies, scanners and various data collection devices and platforms
- Experience in product design or testing team would be desired
- Great presentation skills and ability to train others in the team
- Ability to work independently English written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of other languages such as: French, German, Italian, Spanish, etc.
- JOB ID: req232707
- Category: Customer Experience
- Location: 9680 Old Bailes Rd,Fort Mill,South Carolina,29707-7539,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.