Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
This position is located in Kansas City, MO.You Must Have:
- Assists in the design and/or project/process management of new and current products, programs, components, tools and acceptance equipment under technical guidance of higher level Engineers or departmental management
- Develops manufacturing and measuring methods which designate tooling, gages, acceptance equipment, and processing procedures
- Coordinates product and acceptance equipment designs and ordering of testers, gages, and laboratory equipment to support production acceptance
- Defines and acquires tooling, gaging and other equipment necessary to manufacture/inspect parts to assure product quality
- Estimates set-up times, operating times, and flowtimes, as well as production and acceptance needs
- Participates in establishing operating procedures on new products and components
- Develops test procedures and performs routine to moderately complex engineering evaluation tests, product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work to assure product manufacturability
- Provides technical assistance in appropriate manufacturing and inspection areas
- Analyzes processes and products and records, characterizes and implements proper controls on all processes
- Analyzes processes, products, and inspection records to anticipate, identify, and correct problems and to establish quality levels and trends
- Prepares product or project definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test equipment designs
- Conducts audits to anticipate, identify, and correct problems and to measure quality levels and trends
- Interacts with customers, design agencies, suppliers, and internal organizations to assist in resolving design, development, production, and acceptance issues
- Prepares evaluation reports, analyzes discrepancies, makes recommendations for and initiates improvements for product, test equipment, procedures, and manufacturing or operation
- U.S. citizenship (to obtain and maintain government security clearance)
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other equivalent discipline from ABET accredited program/university
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics preferred.
- Ability to apply advanced engineering and analytical concepts and techniques to highly complex technical projects
- Generally two or more years of relevant experience in Engineering or related technical activities, such as manufacturing, inspection processing or tool design
- MS in Engineering from ABET accredited institution
- Ability to apply advanced design, development, evaluation, production, and quality control techniques to highly complex Electrical Engineering concepts and projects
- Demonstrated technical innovation and problem solving
- Significant experience in a manufacturing or design environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work without supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making
- Ability to provide technical guidance, project management, consultative services, and innovative solutions
- Existing DOE Q clearance
- JOB ID: req232469
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Posting ID: 558256011Posted: 2020-05-21