R&D Engineer/Scientist III
R&D Research Scientist III for Honeywell International Inc., Buffalo, NY
- Work on PCTFE polymerization research in the pilot plant located in Buffalo, NY.
- Responsible for developing new CTFE homopolymers and copolymers for commercialization and optimizing Honeywell PCTFE manufacturing processes using Six Sigma skills.
- Design experimental conditions using Chemical Engineering and polymerization knowledge.
- Coordinate operators in rotating shifts to perform the experiments; analyze experimental data and optimize the conditions; trouble-shoot process upsets and equipment issue; and report results and findings to stakeholders.
- Support Honeywell PCTFE manufacturing plant located in Geismar, LA to support process optimization and new product commercialization plant trials.
Location: Buffalo, NY
Employee Referral Fee: $1500.00
If offered employment must have legal right to work in U.S. EOE.
Contact: HR Services, Honeywell International Inc., 115 Tabor Road, Morris Plains, NJ 07950
Please reference KN/AD: req232322YOU MUST HAVE: Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science and Engineering, or a related field and three (3) years of experience in the job offered or acceptable alternate occupation. Full term of experience must include: process engineering in polymerization; polymerization research and development; process hazard analysis; process improvements; polymer science; design of experiments; and data analysis. Approximately 10% domestic/international travel required to support plant trials.
- JOB ID: req232322
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 20 Peabody St,Buffalo,New York,14210,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Posting ID: 558256018Posted: 2020-05-21