About NICE America Research:
NICE America Research, Inc. is an established R&D Incubator in Silicon Valley, a subsidiary of the National Institute of Clean-and-low-carbon Energy (NICE) in Beijing, China. NICE is the corporate research arm of China Energy Investment Corporation which is an integrated energy company and a member of the Global Fortune 500.
We are building teams to develop cutting-edge sustainable and affordable technologies to improve energy efficiency, mitigate climate change and protect the environment.
Our current focus areas include: 1) hydrogen supply chain for fuel cell vehicles; 2) energy systems solutions with focus on a) intelligent energy management systems for renewable energy generation (e.g., solar and wind integration), b) energy storage (e.g., batteries), c) distributed energy production (e.g., Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, SOFCs), and d) carbon capture; 3) advanced chemical processes for the conversion of shale gas into value-added products. Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, skill, imagination, passion, and teamwork of people like you.
Currently we have an opening for a Senior/Principal Scientist in the energy systems solutions focus area. We offer competitive compensation packages and excellent benefits. Relocation assistance will be considered.
The Energy Systems Solutions Focus Area aims to further the development of technologies including energy management, power electronics, hardware and software, system integration, or carbon capture solutions to enable cleaner energy systems. These improved or newly developed technologies will help to address DER technology solutions such as renewables and batteries or micro-grids. Technology innovation aspects such as better software architecture, software development or newly developed or optimized algorithms, component development, development of integrated solutions as well as successful technology commercialization (e.g. through technology demonstration) will play a key role in accomplishing the mission of the energy systems solutions focus area and being of support to other focus areas where applicable.
The position holder is expected to partner with the focus area leader of energy systems solutions and work with the team to:
- Develop and implement technology to product and commercial strategies to support successful transition of technical outcomes from the lab to the market.
- Lead discussions and negotiations in external partnership, and build relationship with potential customers and collaborators.
- Work closely with technical expert panel and business development managers to align commercialization efforts.
- Collaborate with China Energy’s other subsidiaries for technology demonstration and commercialization.
- Support development of a strong intellectual property portfolio.
- Work with the team to support the build/upgrade of a state-of-the-art energy storage research lab with key functions of control software development and hardware integration.
- Work with the team to support the development of technology focus areas such as advanced battery management and control strategies.
- Work with the team to support energy storage system installations, commissioning, testing, and demonstration.
- Lead technology development effort on energy storage hardware and software solutions, their integration and systems development effort.
- Work with the team to support building pilot scale units and supervise operations.
- Analyze global technology and market trends for clean energy industry, define value propositions for new and improved technology developments and express them in terms of technical program objectives, product and technology development roadmaps and business plans.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related fields with 7-12 years of relevant industrial experience or equivalent.
- Direct experience in one of the following fields: power conversion system (PCS), battery management system (BMS), energy storage, System-on-Chip and System-in-Package based IC design, renewable energy, big data for energy, distribution network, smart grid.
- Direct experience in building battery energy storage system.
- Work experience on LabVIEW and programming languages, such as MATLAB/Python/C.
- Strong expertise with communication protocols of Modbus/CAN/DNP3.
- Deep knowledge of UL/IEC standards of various product category including PCS and energy storage.
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, changing environment, at all levels of an organization. Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to build long-term relationships with customers/partners.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Track record of project documentation through reports, publications and patents. Solid experience in thought leadership activities related to energy and clean technology.
- Willingness to travel.
- 5+ years of experience working in marketing or business development, with demonstrated results in New Product Introduction (NPI) and Voice of Customer (VOC).
- Knowledge of energy space including emerging technologies, advanced clean transportation and other clean technology disciplines.
- Demonstrated leadership work experience and ability to articulate process of bringing revolutionary technologies to market within our focus area or similar.
- Working knowledge and self-sufficiency in Marketing – including Product and Communications, Organizational Structure/ Development, IP Strategy, Operations and Finance. Deep understanding of corporate/product strategy and delivery of external thought leadership. Experience in corporate development would be an additional plus.’
- Strong business acumen, with demonstrated ability to develop and adapt different business models, able to anticipate and respond to external factors, and highly developed skill around judging risk and return.
- Demonstrated experience and success in multidisciplinary, cross-functional technology, innovation/research project and program leadership, development and delivery. Experience working in and with international technology conglomerates a plus.
Powered by JazzHR