- At least one year of prior work experience in selling goods or services; industries include, but are not limited to sales, hospitality, food service, or relatable industry.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalency
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills to operate Conn's internal systems. Experience with AS400 is a plus
- Thorough follow up and negotiation skills
- Ability to work a varied and flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to overcome objections and influence customer behavior
- Provide face to face assistance to customers through the buying process to include merchandise selection, payment and finance options and pick up and delivering
- Make telephone calls to existing and potential customers
- Ability to assist with merchandising and store product set-up
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of Conn's stores and customer carry-outs
- Conn's Sales Professionals can earn more than the industry average, depending upon performance!
- Sales Professionals earn an hourly rate plus commissions for their first month on the sales floor. After completing their first two months on the sales floor, then Sales Associates earn commission OR hourly, whichever is greater. There is NO DRAW!
- Sales Professionals can earn commission on product, repair service agreements, credit insurance, TV and computer installations. (Varies by market)
Are you looking for a company that rewards its employees for putting the customer first? Then look no further than Conn's HomePlus. Here at Conn's we've been creating jobs for more than 120 years and today we're one of the fastest growing retailers in the country. As a Sales Associate we value your importance and contribution and that's why we provide extensive training and a rewarding compensation package. Start your career with Conn's today!Benefits*:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Advancement Opportunities
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee discounts
- On-going training
*Benefits provided for eligible full-time employees Conn's History:
Conn's established in 1890 is a specialty retailer with approximately 4,500 employees and currently operating 130 retail locations in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia. The Company's primary product categories include:
- Furniture and mattress, including furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as both traditional and specialty mattresses;
- Home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges;
- Consumer electronics, including LED, OLED, QLED, 4K Ultra HD, and smart televisions, gaming products and home theater and portable audio equipment; and
- Home office, including computers, printers and accessories.
Additionally, Conn's offers a variety of products on a seasonal basis. Unlike many of its competitors, Conn's provides flexible in-house credit options for its customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party lease-to-own payment plans. Our mission is to make it possible for everyone to purchase quality, long lasting products for their home.
Conn's HomePlus is an equal opportunity employer.
Posting ID: 558405052Posted: 2020-05-22