The HIM Tech- Record Management - performs a variety of functions in the Health Information Management department in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring the timeliness, accuracy, integrity, and reliability of data and information created for all patients treated within ProMedica. Performs chart processing, chart pick up of documents, prepping documents for scanning, verifying the quality of the scanning and indexing the documents as needed. Works in conjunction with other departments, physician offices and hospitals as the liaison between ProMedica and record storage vendors. Promotes positive customer relations through prompt and courteous service in this fast-paced, high volume and customer focused environment. Occasional travel between facilities is required.
- Retrieve and deliver patient information in support of patient care, ensuring prompt service at all times. Ensure each medical record document is correctly identified and labeled with the patient's name, medical record number and account number; take action when the information is not correct.
- Prepare Documents for imaging meeting established quality and productivity standards
- Scan documents into the imaging system utilizing all types of scanning equipment, meeting established quality and productivity standards.
- Electronically index documents in the imaging system meeting established quality and productivity standards
- Ensures record retrieval and storage processes, coordinating with off-site storage locations and storage vendors; effectively coordinates access to records located in various areas within the organization in support of operations. Interacts with multiple levels, departments, and external individuals.
- Prepare scanned documents and other department records for off-site storage (Iron Mountain) ensuring that boxes are correctly labeled according to policy and procedure. Maintains record storage areas so the folders and/or boxes are neat, orderly, and accessible
- Organizes and maintains all record storage databases. Serves as the liaison for all authorized users associated with record retrieval and storage.
- Maintain current knowledge of proper retention or disposition of records consistent with the agency/organization policies and procedures.
- Answers incoming calls and interacts in person with internal and external customers. Process request according to policy and procedure
- Monitor office equipment, i.e. scanner, copier, fax, printers, to ensure that they have adequate supplies, are reproducing quality documents and are in good working order at all times: report problems in a timely manner to the appropriate department.
- Performs other duties as requested.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 56,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,100+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and nearly 400 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit www.promedica.org/aboutus.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
- Associates Degree in Health Information Management related field required. RHIT/RHIA Preferred. Two (2) years experience in health information management, physician office, clinical or hospital business office, comparable experience or applicable college education required.
- Demonstrated competency in use of computer systems, data entry, and office automation applications required
- Knowledge of medical record practice, health information applications with emphasis on medico legal aspects, HIPAA, and other federal, state, and laws and regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skill in a diverse population required.
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize, analyze and solve problems effectively.
- Ability to exchange information on factual matters with and to explain policies and procedures, rules, regulations, and pertinent laws to internal and external customers
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with a variety of customers including patients, attorneys, physicians, internal and external healthcare providers effectively and diplomatically.
- Demonstrates judgment, tact, and professionalism in dealing with complaints, personal conflicts, and problem resolution
Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details
Posting ID: 558405629Posted: 2020-05-22