ProMedica is a locally owned, nonprofit healthcare organization serving northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. Driven by our Mission to improve your health and well-being, we offer a full range of diagnostic, medical and surgical specialties in areas such as emergency medicine and trauma, heart and vascular, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, and women's and children's services. Today, ProMedica - a committed team of dedicated experts, passionate volunteers and inspired advocates - is recognized nationally for the consistent, high-level care that we provide our communities.
The HIM Coordinator answers incoming calls and interacts in person with internal and external customers. Process requests for health information/medical records for continuing care requests; Performs customer service duties and greets customers in a professional and friendly manner, projecting positive image. Verify the quality of the scanning and indexing of documents as needed. Occasional travel between facilities is required.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 56,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,100+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and nearly 400 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit www.promedica.org/aboutus.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
- HS graduate or equivalent required
- 1 year health care experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Demonstrated typing competency 40 WPM
- Ability to multi-task and work well in high-stress situations
- Must possess good organizational and priority setting skills and exercise independent judgment with minimal guidance and supervision
- Must be able to move about facilities,between workstations and occasional travel between department satellite locations
- Must be able to occasionally move, lift and/or carry medium weight objects and materials weighing 30lbs
- Must be able to understand directions, communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective self-motivation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer
- Must maintain knowledge of current Health information technology and healthcare trend
Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details
Posting ID: 558405682Posted: 2020-05-22