RNs play a vital role in collaboration and implementation of the continuum of care for their patients. Never the same each day in terms of patient interaction or scope of treatments. Ideal for candidates that want to use their critical thinking and problem solving skills to make a true difference in their patient's health and personal lives. If you are interested we invite you to apply!Job Roles/Essential Functions
- Applies the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served (i.e.: infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric) as written in the departmental standards.
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents outcomes related to nursing diagnosis and patient care problems for each patient. Collaborates with all members of the health care team to promote a seamless patient care continuum. Coordinates patients plan of care through effective shift-to-shift communication.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for all patients and their significant other(s).
- Utilizes appropriate techniques necessary to control / prevent infections.
- Employs critical thinking skills and sound judgment in all aspects of care Initiates emergency care as necessary and maintains BCLS and other certifications required by the job, i.e. ACLS
- Addresses patient/family education needs considering patient level of comprehension, style of learning, and discharge needs.
- Follows proper chain of command when issues/problems arise and demonstrates appropriate follow-through
- Displays professionalism at all times and maintains patient confidentiality. Lives out the LHA guiding principles and commitment to co-workers and philosophy of care for the department.
- Stays current in field of specialty by actively participating in continuing education and maintaining certifications and annual competencies.
- Actively participates in orienting new staff and contributes to the growth of others.
- Must have active RN License. If issued a temporary Ohio license under HB197, must pass NCLEX and obtain RN License in the state that you are working in within 90 days of the State of Emergency expiring or December 31, 2020, whichever comes first.
- Must be an RN graduate of an accredited school of nursing and licensed to practice in the state of hire.
- BSN preferred.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 56,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,100+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and nearly 400 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit www.promedica.org/aboutus.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, chemicals, temperature changes, and exposure to blood borne pathogens and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to attain all health requirements as identified by the organization (i.e., PPD, respirator training, vaccines, as appropriate).
- Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations; and prolonged periods of standing. **
- Must be able to frequently move, lift or carry light to heavy patients or equipment. **
- Must be able to lift medium materials, non-material handling; continuous standing, walking, bending, stooping and reaching; frequent pushing, pulling and squatting.
- Occasional sitting, stairs and kneeling. **
Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details
Posting ID: 558405688Posted: 2020-05-22