SHIFT: No Weekends
At HealthTrust, we are committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions that leverage its operator experience, scale and innovation. We are headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, and serve over 1,500 hospitals and health systems, and more than 31,000 other member locations including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, long-term care and alternate care sites.
HealthTrust is part of the HCA family, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees and one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services. HCA operates over 180 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row.At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
Our benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family.Benefitsinclude401(k) with a company match, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flex spending for both health and day care, life insurance, disability, tuition reimbursement andstudent loan repayment, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
We are seeking a Director of Pharmacyfor our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
As a Director of Pharmacy, you will plan, organize, control, and supervise activities in the hospital pharmacy according to hospital policies, standards of practice of the profession, and State and Federal laws. You will also recommend innovations in the practice and function of the hospital pharmacy to Administration and carry out mutually agreed upon programs.What you will do in this role:
- Establish quality improvement, fiscal, productivity, and patient satisfaction goals and objectives in conjunction with upper management.
- Supervise the maintenance and dissemination of drug information through in-service education of hospital personnel, consultation with patients, hospital staff, and medical staff.
- Actively assist staff pharmacists in the discharge of routing duties as necessary.
- Direct the activities of and provide professional and technical guidance to pharmacy personnel.
- Exercise professional judgment in imparting therapeutic and drug information to patients and health professionals.
- Provide leadership to new program development, implementation and evaluation. Act as a consultant in areas of expertise.
- Anticipate the needs and issues of customers/suppliers in order to insure effective departmental operations and/or meet their needs.
- Promote multi-disciplinary teamwork in order to meet the organization's goals and objectives.
- Be responsible for department planning, goals, and objectives that are consistent with the Hospital and Pharmacy Shared Services.
- Provide leadership to the department through effective organization, direction of activities, and appropriate delegation of functions.
- B.S. or Pharm D from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy
- Minimum of two (2)+ years supervisory or leadership experience preferred
- Current Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
- Current Consultant Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
HCA Healthcareranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years, and HCA ranks in the Fortune 100. In addition, Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing soapply today! Potential Military Occupational Specialist matches include these Army MOS codes: 66O, 66B, 66W, 66S, 66T, 66P, 66H, 66F, 66G, 66E, 66R, 66C We are an equal opportunity employer and valuediversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Notice
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clickinghere.For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.