SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Fawcett Memorial Hospital is located in the Tampa Bay area along Florida's Gulf Coast. Celebrating over 40 years of providing quality healthcare to Charlotte County, our mission is to make each patient encounter an opportunity to heal, with care, and compassion and with dedication to excellence. Fawcett Memorial Hospital is a 237-bed, full-service acute care hospital serving Charlotte County and the surrounding areas since 1975. Clinical specialties include 24-hour emergency care center, a comprehensive ACoS CoC accredited cancer program, Joint Commission accredited Stroke Center of Excellence, accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, Joint Commission certified Orthopedic and Spine Center, wound management and hyperbaric medicine, Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, state-of-the-art cardiovascular surgery program, sports & rehabilitation services, and many outpatient programs.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Transporter to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and an employee stock purchase program. Student loan repayment available for select roles and facilities. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The PBX Operator/Telecomm Operatorresponds to incoming calls in a timely manner and directs caller to appropriate destination providing a smooth, clear and professionally courteous communication practice.
- Answers multiple incoming telephone lines.
- Obtains necessary information and transfers calls to correct extensions.
- Provides information to callers as appropriate.
- Performs overhead paging.
- Monitors all alarms located in PBX and notifies appropriate personnel as required.
- Responds quickly and accurately to disaster and emergency situations as required, remaining calm.
- Corrects and updates posted information as needed. Assists with the maintenance of directories on-call list, etc.
- Accurately utilizes the features of the PBX consoles, headsets, telephones and other related equipment.
- Assist with maintaining cleanliness, safety and security of the PBX area.
- Maintains confidentiality, security and integrity of patient and organizational data.
- Ensures release of information is consistent with all privacy policies.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Experience in customer service position.
- Previous PBX experience is desirable.
- Ability to fluently speak and understand English.
- Previous experience in hospital setting preferred.
- Ability to perform calmly, competently and quickly in emergency situations.
- Customer service abilities.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching and some lifting.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clickinghere.For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.