SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Is your current role providing you the opportunity to live, work and play in one of the nation's most desirable places to live - Charleston, SC? The more than 2,600 employees who provide care at Trident Health are committed to building healthy communities in South Carolina's historic and progressive Lowcountry. Our shared values of compassion, excellence and ownership help us stay focused on our patient's needs. As our region grows, so does our opportunity to care for more patients. Do you share our values? If so, we invite you to learn more about Trident Health and the opportunities to work with us. Trident Health is a 445-bed HCA Healthcare hospital system comprised of two acute care hospitals - Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center - as well as two free standing emergency departments - Centre Pointe Emergency and Moncks Corner Medical Center. Both Healthgrades and Leapfrog recognized Trident Health as among the nation's hospitals for patient experience and safety. Want to join our tradition of excellence?
We'd love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering patient care that is personal and meaningful. Why don't you apply now?Benefits:We offer you a generous compensation package including: competitive pay, paid time off, 401k, medical, dental vision and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, loan forgiveness and employee stock purchase plan. Qualifications:We are searching for a Registered Nurse for a part-time position on our state-of-the-art Critical Care Unit.
The Rapid Response RN is responsible to the Nursing Director/Charge Nurse for the delivery of quality patient care utilizing the nursing process. Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for patient care, communication, and documentation on the unit.Essential Core Functions:
- Provide quality patient care, in keeping with the philosophy and objectives of the hospital and department.
- Maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families and the community.
- Prescribes, delegates and coordinates all nursing care provided to assigned patients and is responsible for meeting all standards associated with performance, nursing practice and nursing care.
Under general supervision the RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Trident Health System. In collaboration with the patient, the patients' family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans. The Critical Care Department RN manages adolescent, adult, geriatric critical care patients in accordance with established policy and procedure.
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice.
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic Intensive Care environment.
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual ICU patients.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process.
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care.
- Promote an ICU environment that treats patients and families with dignity, respect and appreciation of their lifestyle, religion and culture.
- Maintain high quality, age specific care for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients as assigned.
- Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver.
- Participate in Cardiovascular Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
- Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants, vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses, and / or nurse interns.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization
Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student. Direct supervisions means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift. Position Requirements:Licensure/Certification/Registration:
- Current State of South Carolina RN license required, or recognized compact licensure (subject to South Carolina State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- BLS - Healthcare provider
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification must be complete within 90 days of hire.
*Transfers/New Hires have six (6) months from employment to obtain ACLS certificationEducation:
- Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing. Graduate Nurses or Registered Nurse with little or no Critical Care experience must complete the Critical Care Internship program and associated competencies.
- One year previous critical care experience required
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities satisfactorily completes yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal and external customer
We are so excited to speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. QualificationsNotice
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clickinghere.For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.