The HR Business Partner is responsible for supporting all aspects of the employee lifecycle for RaceTrac employees to provide a successful employee experience. This individual consults with internal HR functions and business leaders to provide guidance, strategy and recommendations, ensuring employees have a positive experience. The HR Business Partner coaches leaders and employees on a variety of HR related topics in a true partnership approach with the business. Up to 10% travel may be required.
Job Requirements Responsibilities
- Provides support throughout the employee lifecycle events and employee relations matters including: onboarding, counseling, investigations, and termination.
- Partners with internal HR teams to create and maintain processes and methods by which to understand the wants and needs of employees that will ultimately improve morale and engagement.
- Leverages data to report on trends and share actionable analysis to leaders in HR and throughout the organization to help make decisions and improve the employee experience.
- Manages policy updates and review for all employee groups.
- Owns the system responsible for collecting employee complaints and partners with the Executive Director of Field HR to provide reporting, themes and identify areas to address.
- Resolves employee grievances, discrepancies, and personnel issues through conflict management; handles each issue with diplomacy and tact.
- Supports leaders through counseling, documentation review and coaching to improve performance and behavior gaps.
- Develops and implements various programs that support employee morale, transitions in leadership, or management responsibilities.
- Establishes solid relationships with employees and management throughout the company and serves as a consultant.
- Evaluates ongoing programs and processes and identifies any opportunities for improvement and makes recommendations to leaders based on feedback and data.
- Serves as a consultant to the Directors of Field HR as needed and communicates with them on a regular basis.
- Manages related processes in Workday ensuring configuration and execution is working as designed for processes such as counseling, termination and onboarding.
- Partners with individual departments to consult on employee related items; including but not limited to: staffing, compensation, training, performance management, and compliance. Works with functions within HR to execute needs.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited College or University, a concentration in Human Resources preferred
- 4+ years experience within a Human Resources capacity preferred
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal required
- Experience in a consultative role a plus
- Proven knowledge of Human Resources practices and concepts is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Posting ID: 558405966Posted: 2020-05-22