Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
The Social Services Coordinator plans the provision of medically-related social services to residents, allowing residents to attain the highest physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being.
- Responsible for obtaining and documenting the resident's psychosocial history upon admission and updating quarterly and as resident's status changes, arranging counseling services as necessary.
- Responsible for identifying and seeking ways to support residents' individual needs and preferences, customary routines, concerns and choices.
- Responsible for making arrangements for obtaining needed adaptive equipment, clothing, and personal items including making referrals and obtaining services from outside agencies.
- Coordinates social services by participates with the management team in care planning and development.
- Ensures that all entries in the clinical record are informative and descriptive of the services provided, while maintaining organized and orderly work records.
- Assists in the preparation of the department's budget and ensures that social services department operates within established budget.
- Responsible for maintaining communication and contact with family, while encouraging their participation in care planning.
- Conducts and assists in coordinating resident and family support groups including the development of programs for special needs residents.
- Provides discharge planning services by working with the facility management team, resident, resident family and physician.
- Responsible for following facility fire safety, hazardous material, and infection control practices report any unsafe conditions or equipment to administrator immediately.
- Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously, promoting resident rights, dignity, and confidentiality standards.
- Attends and participates in training sessions, in-services, and staff meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have medical records experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential to success.
- Ability to creatively problem and be a team player, well-organized, and flexible.
- Associate Degree and meet State certification requirements, a minimum of 1 year working in geriatrics.
- Experience with budgets and recordkeeping helpful.
Posting ID: 558406377Posted: 2020-05-22