Job Description Summary Job Description
Reporting to the Director, HR for the Life Sciences Segment Operations, the Sr. HR Manager(plant)
provides strategic HR strategic and tactical support to Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Quality clients in the Sparks MD Campus. Works closely with leaders and associates in partner groups, ensuring implementation of human resources and leadership practices, processes and programs that support organizational effectiveness and associate development. As an extended member of the HR LS team, collaborates on design, development, introduction and/or integration of HR processes, practices, programs and initiatives that contribute to individual and company success.Essential Functions
- Partners with the Leadership Team to ensure effective execution of all primary annual BD HR processes for the business, i.e., Talent and Succession Planning, Performance Management and Development Planning, Compensation Planning, etc.
- Identifies organizational needs and leads local efforts to ensure effective definition, deployment and training around all site-specific and BD HR practices, which incorporates clear accountability for HR, Leadership Team members, People Managers, and other Support Associates. Effectively analyzes and uses data from leading indicating to anticipate and address of potential areas of concern. Sample practices include: Talent Management, Organizational Capability and Capacity Analyses and Planning, Recruitment and Selection, Good Jobs Strategy, Positive Employee Relations, Associate Engagement, Diversity Awareness, Associate Communications, Headcount management and Workforce planning, and New Associate On-Boarding .
- Accountable as an integrator for functional areas managed by other HR teams and COEs: Employee Relations, Staffing and Selection, Payroll, Training and Development, Coaching, Leadership Development, HR services delivery, Compensation and Benefits planning.
- Works with managers to design and evaluate effective staffing models. Manages change, as needed, when business needs require modifications to established models.
- Coaches managers and supervisors at all levels, providing timely and constructive feedback to help them improve their leadership effectiveness.
- Looks for trends and root causes as opportunities to improve organizational/team and associate satisfaction.
- Identifies retention issues and recommends creative solutions to address them.
- Assists leadership to create work environments & reward systems that keep the associates stimulated and the team and organization productive.
- Works with the Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers to effectively & efficiently identify and fill vacancies with high caliber associates at competitive wages.
- Overall responsibility for the Year-End Compensation Planning process.
Legal & Compliance
- Partners with clients to lead constructive and thoughtful calibration sessions on both associates' performance and potential.
- Partners with Access HR to ensure that managers at all levels have access to consultation on effective documentation practices for all levels of performance, ensuring consistency in criteria for exceptional performance; appropriate supporting information for performance noted as marginal or below expectations; and well-connected Development Plans to address weaknesses and capitalize on strengths.
Other HR Partner Responsibilities
- Serves as the site's Equal Opportunity Employment leader, assuring compliance with all EEOC requirements and implementation of the Affirmative Action Plan and BD I&D goals, assuring Leadership is aware of areas of underutilization and goals for the fiscal year and drives I&D agenda.
- Partners with BD & outside Legal Counsel, to ensure assure all policies and practices are written fairly and are compliant with all legal requirements. Ensures compliance with company and government requirements including, BD Ethics Policy, EEO, AAP, etc.
- Partners with Access HR to ensure training programs are conducted when required, i.e. Sexual Harassment, Performance Management Training, Diversity Awareness, etc.
- In conjunction with Access HR, ensures adherence to harmonized policies and development/implementation of local policy, as needed.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the team and interpersonal dynamics. Has the ability to model and manipulate data to build an understanding and then communicate findings to LT in a coherent manner.
- Participates in development of methodologies, operating practices, work systems, techniques, tools and evaluation criteria for projects, programs and people.
- As an extended member of the BD LS HR team, collaborates on design, development, introduction and/or integration of HR processes, practices, programs and initiatives that contribute to individual and company success.
Education & Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- BA/BS Degree (Major: Business, HR Management or related field). Certification (SPHR or PHR) preferred.
- 5 years minimum HR Generalist experience in a manufacturing or distribution center environment. Experience may include (but should not be limited to) specialization in one or more functional areas such as change management, organizational effectiveness/development, recruitment/selection, compensation, positive employee relations, performance management, HRIS or employee and management training/development.
- Extensive HR client experience preferred. Total experience to include project and process leadership responsibility.
- Critical thinking skills are required.
- Possesses key process skills such as consulting, problem-solving, evaluation/diagnosis, workshop and meeting design and facilitation.
- Demonstrated success in translating ambiguous business needs into strategies and concrete team and individual development actions.
- Possesses personal credibility as embodied by proven track record of success, able to instill confidence in others, able to frame complex ideas in useful ways, takes appropriate risks, able to provide candid observations and alternative insights on business issues.
- Able to manage change through taking a proactive role in bringing about change and following proven change frameworks.
- Builds supportive relationships with others.
- Challenges the status quo.
- Has experience in working with others in the process of restructuring an organization (organizational design).
- Results orientation.
- Demonstrates bias for action.
- Interpersonal and Cross-cultural Savvy.
- Customer Focus.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills across multiple levels, functions and cultures.
- Coaching/mentoring skills
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Baltimore Additional Locations Work Shift
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Posting ID: 558406697Posted: 2020-05-22