View All Jobs at Scripps Health
Home / Job Details
Research Staffing Supervisor
Date Posted: May 19, 2020
Not Ready To Apply?
Job Description At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Places to Work.You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you're open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Scripps Health is committed to providing the best possible patient care, and research is a critical part of that mission. In addition to bringing the latest treatments to our patients, the knowledge gained from these research studies advances the quality of care for people around the world. The Clinical Research Services team is responsible for feasibility and research coordination for all clinical trials across all specialties. With the partnership with MD Anderson, our research team is growing fast. The Research Staffing Supervisor oversees a team of 10, primarily at Anderson Medical Pavilion, also covering multiple locations and specialties.
To be successful, the Research Staffing Supervisor should be experienced in clinical research and able to understand protocols, conduct gap assessments while leading a team in process improvement and project management.
The Supervisor will provide leadership and support of clinical research staff across Scripps Health, in compliance with all applicable regulations, policies and obligations. Oversees coordination, support and implementation all aspects of clinical research projects per their scope of practice. Develops staffing models for teams. Tracks and reports agreed metrics related to staffing and productivity. Facilitate the growth and development of the capabilities for research systemwide. Collaborates with stakeholders across the system to lead the comprehensive feasibility process for new protocols. Leads cross functional team through continuous process improvement and project management within the scope of practice for the clinical research team.
This is a full time, salaried position, generally 8-5pm Monday through Friday. Required:
- High school diploma plus 5 years of research experience as a clinical trials coordinator or Bachelor's degree plus 2 years of research experience as a clinical trials coordinator or Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of experience in IRB/regulatory compliance in a clinical research environment.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, coordinate, train and evaluate staff.
- Knowledge of healthcare business and operational practices.
- Basic computer skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and other applicable systems.
- Human Subjects (IRB) training required.
- Past leadership experience in a clinical specialty, clinical research programs or care lines.
- CCRP, CCRC or CIP required. Will consider state licensure as registered nurse, LVN, PA or nurse practitioner with comparable with work experience in the research setting.
- Master's degree and BLS-C preferred.
- Project management and process improvement training or certification.
Scripps Health is repeatedly named on the Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to work for, the only San Diego-based company, and Becker's Healthcare Top Hospitals. Scripps Health offers a robust Total Rewards Program designed to compensate and motivate you throughout your career. Scripps Health Total Rewards Program includes a broad range of plans and programs, including market competitive pay and performance incentives, health and wellness benefits, financial wellness benefits, work-life resources, learning and development opportunities, and rewards and recognition. Unlock your potential with Scripps Health today.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Not ready to Apply?