View All Jobs at Scripps Health
Home / Job Details
Patient Service Representative - Dermatology
Date Posted: May 20, 2020
Not Ready To Apply?
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and respect of an organization that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Places to Work.
You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you're open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Join the team at Scripps Clinic Carmel Valley as a Patient Service Representative supporting our Dermatology department. This position is primarily responsible for scheduling and other phone triaging, entering prior authorizations and working with insurances, and managing referral work queues. You will experience the pride and support of being a member of an outstanding team where we share a culture of providing excellent care to our patients and each other. You'll be on the front line for creating a positive Scripps Health experience for our patients while being responsible for the following:
- Interacting with patients, payers and providers to gather information necessary for accurate registration including assigning of Medical Record Number, scheduling, referral/authorizations, payment collection, document collection and arrival/check-in functions.
- Responding to customer billing and payment inquires.
- Escalating billing inquiries as needed.
- Scheduling patient appointments. Successful scheduling includes exhibiting proficiency in appointment scheduling procedures, accurate documentation and routing of messages, scheduling and confirming appointments according to guidelines, entering insurance, performing Key User duties.
- Initiating and validating referrals/authorizations.
- Having a proactive approach to customer service by listening to the patient, taking ownership of solutions and is able to accurately identify the need to involve leadership in order to resolve concerns.
This is a benefit-eligible Full Time, Day Shift position with a Monday - Friday, 8AM - 5PM schedule, located at Scripps Clinic Carmel Valley. Required Qualifications:
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of computer applications, excellent mathematical skills and ability to handle monies.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; innovative with ability to identify and solve problems.
- 1 or more years of experience customer service or healthcare/medical office environment preferred.
- Prior patient scheduling experience.
- Able to adapt, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, commercial and government health insurance and billing guidelines, ACA requirements, understanding of DRG's, Medical ICD9/ICD10 codes and CPT/HCPC Codes and Modifiers.
Scripps Health is repeatedly named on the Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to work for, the only San Diego-based company, and Becker's Healthcare Top Hospitals. Scripps Health offers a robust Total Rewards Program designed to compensate and motivate you throughout your career. Scripps Health Total Rewards Program includes a broad range of plans and programs, including market competitive pay and performance incentives, health and wellness benefits, financial wellness benefits, work-life resources, learning and development opportunities, and rewards and recognition. Unlock your potential with Scripps Health today.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Not ready to Apply?