View All Jobs at Scripps Health
Home / Job Details
Patient Care Assistant - Medical/Oncology Acute
Date Posted: May 15, 2020
Not Ready To Apply?
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Places to Work.
You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So, if you're open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Established in 1924 by Ellen Browning Scripps, Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla has been one of Southern California's premier medical centers for more than 90 years. Scripps La Jolla was ranked No. 1 by U.S. News and World Report U.S. News for the San Diego region and among the best in the nation in eight specialties.
Join our Medical Oncology Team of Patient Care Assistants (PCAs). You will have an opportunity to collaborate with other Care Team members to assure optimal patient care and assists with the care of respective patients within the scope permitted under the guidance of the Registered Nurse.
As a PCA, you will...
- Provide and maintain a clean, safe and attractive environment for patients and transport patients and supplies as needed.
- In addition, you will assist patients with comfort measures and be responsible for completion of mandatory programs.
- You will be able to confidently demonstrate ability to perform competencies as outlined in assigned unit's Competency Assessment tools and demonstrate appropriate age-specific patient care as established for area and job title.
This position is Full-Time (72 hours per pay period), 12-hour day rotating schedule that includes weekends and holidays.
Required Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
- One year of recent experience working under the license of a licensed healthcare provider OR
- Current enrollment or completion of Nursing Assistant training from a recognized school OR
- Current enrollment in an RN program with completion of the second semester, including nursing fundamentals.
- Must be able to speak, read and follow instruction in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a service aptitude.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for health care provider
Preferred Education/Experience/Specialized Skills/Certification:
- One-year acute care/hospital experience
- CNA certificate
Scripps Health is repeatedly named on the Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to work for, the only San Diego-based company, and Becker's Healthcare Top Hospitals. Scripps Health offers a robust Total Rewards Program designed to compensate and motivate you throughout your career. Scripps Health Total Rewards Program includes a broad range of plans and programs, including market competitive pay and performance incentives, health and wellness benefits, financial wellness benefits, work-life resources, learning and development opportunities, and rewards and recognition. Unlock your potential with Scripps Health today.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Not ready to Apply?